Tina Turner

Proper decent, talented superstar.

Tina Turner, queen of rock’n’roll, dies aged 83

15 Likes

That’s a loss. What a powerhouse she was. I was only just listening to her (with Ike) the other day on The ‘Stones ‘Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out’ and it’s a great performance.

G

9 Likes

Gosh……what a loss

7 Likes

Saw her live a couple of times in the 80’s. Superb singer and performer. Even Bowie made an appearance. Another great voice joins the heavenly choir.

8 Likes

Troubadour. RIP.

6 Likes

RIP Tina… Beautiful mémoires listening to your music in my youth!

5 Likes

I was lucky enough to see her twice in 1983 and 1984 what a performer, never to be forgotten… The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll R.I.P.

5 Likes

3 Likes

another thread already started…

5 Likes

What a loss. Great voice and great charisma, one of the all time greats.

9 Likes

Threads merged. What a loss! RIP Tina.

7 Likes

Richard, I’ve given your post a like, it doesn’t seem appropriate for what’s happened, but agree with your comment 110%

Gary

2 Likes

Can I say this has been a tough year. So sad RIP Tina.

5 Likes

Legendary performer. It seems like all my childhood cultural icons are passing away rather quickly now. RIP Tina Turner. I think I’m going to play some of her music now.

6 Likes

I saw her live in 1987 got front row return tickets at the Wembley Arena. I won’t forget it - the guy next to me had binoculars.

John (music is my first love) Miles was in the band.

I’ll be giving this 1975 underrated album a spin

IMG_7610

9 Likes

I forget John Miles was her musical director……never saw her live🥺

4 Likes

What a loss - such a star (an often overused term these days but she was the real deal). My father was an utter fan so I grew up with the sounds of Nutbush City Limits, River Deep,Mountain High and Proud Mary constantly in the house.

9 Likes

Sitting sad at home but smiling listening to Ms Turner on Qobuz. This evening will be devoted to the queen, she was simply the best! Thanks for the memories and joy over the years!

7 Likes

The CD called “River” by Herbie Hancock had Tina singing “Edith and the kingpin” was masterful. Such feeling, and a wonderful interpretation. Not just the queen of rock-n-roll. A great singer. She’ll be missed.

13 Likes

So sad,so sad,so sad.Ciao Tina!

6 Likes