Titan 606

Might want to demo some different speaker cables?

I have to say, the colour of your 606’s goes really nicely with your floor. :+1:

1 Like

Would there be any benefit of me fitting the gaia2 to my 606’s, on a carpet, without spikes?

They do special cups for that situation, but you would need to try them, as i have never used the cups, nor do i have 606’s, but most do find that fitting the gaia’s or others like this, do help and does make a difference.
You just need to get the right ones for the weight off the speakers being used, as if not you will just 100% compress them and so they will do nothing

Like this?

Isoacoustic Gaia II, sitting on the optional tripod feet.

They also worked for us before we used the tripods.

Will they work with your Titan 606 in your room? I honestly don’t know but worth a try, as are the rather excellent Track Audio feet.

Best regards, BF

Was looking at Audiobarn website and saw the exact same picture. Nice finish and you must be delighted with your speakers.

3 Likes

Yes :+1:

Jack put my black 606’s on there as well. Good bloke is Jack! :+1:

2 Likes

Good bloke and honest.Once he brought 2 absorber (for first reflection point) for me to try. After a few tracks he said he is going to save me some money and don’t buy them.With absorber the sound was less engaging.How many dealers would tell you that;not many I suppose. Also a picturesque place to visit.

5 Likes

Just placed an order for a pair of walnut 606s.

The other two speakers on my final shortlist were Magico A3 and Proac K3.

I went with the 606 after a side by side demo with the other two speakers as to my ears the Kudos sounded more coherent. Wife also preferred their looks over the other two. If I was single I may have chosen the A3.

Unfortunately was told by dealer that delivery could be delayed because of Covid, and the (hopefully not too) long wait begins.

8 Likes

@elevensheep

You will enjoy the 606 speakers, they are great.

Had mine in Oak for a while now and still thoroughly enjoying mine.

6 Likes

Thanks, they look great in oak too!

That’s a hellova stack. Are you not inclined to remove the Hicap from your pre? I’d imagine this would be sensible.

1 Like

It’s the right height for me, being tall. Also, it’s a SNAXO 242 on the 282, which is powered by a FlatCap XS further down the stack.

3 Likes

606 active😳
Did you compare passive with active? If so how do they compare

Yes, had them passive, then went to a Kudos Active open day at Cymbiosis. Thoroughly enjoyed the sound that I heard and it did make a huge difference; more detail and better control of the bass.

I listen to a lot of Jazz and to me not only do I get better placement of the instruments, I can now place the actual position of the individual drums, for example.

The Snaxo 242 I have is not the standard external crossover, but is actually tailored for the Kudos Titan 606 by Naim.

4 Likes

The first time i heard 606s was at the Signals Kudos active roadshow day, and the second time was at the Audiobarn Kudos active event. On both occasions the change from one 250 to 2x active 250 with Kudos tailored Snaxo was greater than move to passive 300. Active 606 is a beautiful combo.

3 Likes

Thank you

Thank you. They got the vote of approval from SWMBO too👍

Yes I am very happy with them. They are continuing to exceed expectations. Now about 300/350 hours in and they took a major step forward this week. More hours on the clock is paying dividends

1 Like