Today, I was so bored, I

I did exactly that on Saturday.

1 Like

Cleaned all the remote controls in the house with isopropyl alcohol. Quite a bit of finger cheese removed :nauseated_face:

Mark

I’ve gone beyond cleaning the toaster and remote controls etc, I’ve actually made friends with them; also the wallpaper has a lot to say for itself, nowadays.

1 Like

The wallpaper is having a psychotic episode, it thinks it’s talking to a human…
and the human’s talking back!

1 Like

I pulled a curtain last night, think her name was Annette…

5 Likes

We did that last week. 4 or 2 slice?

G

We keep both of our cars in the garage…

Mmmm dulce de leche ice cream. I’m in!

2 Likes

We just saw that movie last night – Repulsion. Catherine Deneuve; directed by Roman Polanski.

It goes back to childhood and unresolved feelings of love and hate towards the father; the wallpaper has a lot of hidden or repressed feelings of love towards the father which it feels guilty of; these feelings have been transformed into hatred instead, which it has externalised in the shape of an invisible enemy. The invisible enemy being of course, homoerotic feelings concerning the father, which it is transferring onto me in the shape of sado-masochistic phantasy (it speaks of the desire to be ripped and torn under my hands, thus leaving a hole). I have promised it that I’m not going to strip it, merely to paint on it. My task is to allow it to gain access to its own unconscious (the dumb schmuck forgot to send a card and flowers both on Valentine’s and Mother’s Day). But at least it doesn’t think it’s a carpet; unlike the door which is convinced it’s a jar. Where’s the WD40?

2 Likes

No time for boredom! If I was off work I have a (mental) list of longstanding things needing doing in/on/around tge house, but before those there’s the current stuff, such as maximising veg growing … and if nothing pressing and with time on hands there are various hobies, the first of which would be get back to improving musical instrument playing…

Ditto, but it’s a constant battle to not fill the garage up with miscellaneous ‘stuff’;

George.

3 Likes

I was so bored I ordered a little Bosch laser measuring device,

and CRIPES my speakers were pretty far off from being symmetrically placed from my sitting spot. They get moved over time I suppose.

I got them aligned on both the x and y axis, and the sound stage improvement was awesome. Best I’ve ever heard it.

4 Likes

True. One of the jobs for retirement it to clear all the cr@p out of the garage, not to mention several generations of bl00dy big spiders. This would be followed up by clearing the shed (including tins of paint that were last used on Noah’s Ark) and the store room in which I’ve stored every bit of used wood, piping , half used bags of screws…”because they might come in useful, one day”.

Trouble is, what to do with all the junk that I cannot take to the tip because of this bl00dy lockdown?
I know, we’ll put the cars on the drive and fill the garage with, um, cr@p.

1 Like

I like the look of your ladder GeeJay. I see you have gone for a double rather than a triple. Any particular reason? I have been thinking of getting a ladder to do my windows but the choice is quite bewildering. Any tips on what to look out for? One thing for sure is I am going to get one with the stability bar at the bottom for extra piece of mind.

Hi Steve - I really can’t remember - I bought the ladder over 20 years ago from a local Homebase (not a huge selection), and since I fell off it 15 years ago (my own silly fault!), haven’t felt the urge to go back up it again! I do have a ‘stand off bar’ that sits on the top rung.

I nearly got rid of the ladder when we had electric garage doors fitted a few years ago, however the garage door installers managed to refit it in its new location. Doubt I’ll ever use the ladder again, but if anyone working on the house needs it, it’s there.

George.

1 Like

I really don’t think an Aston Martin could be classed as ‘miscellaneous stuff’… :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

They won’t take paint at the dump anymore. I cleared out the shed last year and took a load of cans then made the mistake of asking where I should put them. ‘Not ‘ere anymore guv’. I was told it has to be dried paint - a shrug of the shoulders was the response to how I dried out a tin of liquid paint.

My new philosophy in life is to do it then ask for forgiveness. Oh I thought it was OK to put radioactive waste in that skip sorry about that.

Lol! :grinning:

George.

Our local one does take liquid paint. Apparently they have a secure facility for “hazardous waste”.

1 Like