Today, I was so bored, I

Lucky you - my tip seems like it doesn’t want to take anything these days. They are now charging £4 per bag to dump rubble.

Our local HWRC is using number plate recognition to confirm that we live locally and are “non-commercial”. We had to register the cars.

1 Like

I recognise that! My parents bought me one about 35 years ago. Fantastic contraption, makes working up a ladder so much easier and safer - still in use these days whenever I need to. (And my aluminium extension ladder was my Dad’s until they moved into a bungalow a few years before that.)

1 Like

The hands!
Saw in school film club. 50 years on and it is still a strong image! Provably time to see it again…

The joy of using sevensworth, I do miss it.

Here in the States we have access to the Criterion app – Criterion has a HUGE library of classic and “foreign” films, many of which have been restored. This one was very high quality. My wife, the scientist, is also a film buff and she’s been introducing me to the greats. This is worth another viewing.

1 Like

You loaded the dishwasher?

1 Like

Never has this seemed so appropriate

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 19.47.02 Preformatted text

3 Likes

Spent ten minutes reporting price-gouging listings on eBay.

Someone (trying to) charge £40 for two 1kg bags of flour… £5 for creamed coconut.

Driving me a bit mad when I’ve got a baking habit and supply of white powder is limited by panic buying.

Yep. My doper neighbours are getting real shaky

:scream: :smiley:

3 Likes

Took a photograph of our bedroom curtains.

G

Well, someone was so bored that he/she/it decided to smash the quarter light on the Smart! Now I’m busy looking for a replacement, which I will fit myself. Thanks a bunch

Sorry to see that ! Human Nature at its worst

2 Likes

I fear there will be more such things as time goes by, whether boredom in domestic areas, or with greater criminal intent where there are closed businesses and police stretched with coronavirus related duties. Maybe martial law should be introduced with far more severe penalties. A nephew of mine runs a garage, and daren’t go home because of the value of tools etc within, so he is now living there.

1 Like

I can feel a bout of sofa bread baking coming on…

So She-who-must-be-obeyed asked me whether I had any spare bits of hifi lying around to make up a system for her room for the duration of the lockdown. I managed to cobble together this:

CD3.5+Flatcap, NAT03, Meridian 101+103D, NAC A4, Mk.1 Kans, Sound Organisation table

Sounds pretty good. I get the feeling it might well stay there!

19 Likes

The old Meridian kit still looks good - classic stuff

And still sounding good after nearly forty years. I bought it from a chap at work in ‘83. It was quite capable of driving the passive Briks that we ran for fifteen years, and even sounded good driving my SBLs (although eventually “being shown a clean pair of heels” by my first olive 250). When I went active with the SBLs, I used the 103D for the bass drivers with the 250 on the trebles, eventually getting a second 250, thus consigning the Meridian to the Hampshire Museum of Vintage Hifi.

1 Like

That’s a very fine system . All it’s missing is a Rega 3 or a Linn Axis…

“Get thee behind me, O Wicked Tempter!” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually the LP12 is downstairs on Naim Mountain…