Today, I was so bored, I

Today, I finally got hold of some unobtainium Fraim Chips, so I guess tomorrow means a complete Fraim stripdown and rebuild. :frowning_face:

Still, it’ll be the equivalent of a black box upgrade, I’m sure, and the veil will most certainly be lifted … :roll_eyes:

be prepared to be blinded by the day compared with the previous night. Although there will, of course, be inky black.

1 Like

…inky blackness… bass dropping an octave… …soundstage snapping into focus…

We could easily play HiFi twaddle bingo on this one!

3 Likes

Dear Readers,

Stay tuned for tomorrow’s thrilling conclusion, (well maybe, unless the sun decides to shine once more), :laughing:

1 Like

I prepped the boat for a final varnish coat.

Installed footbraces and seat. Just hatch fixings and decklines to go and then launch!

17 Likes

Simply beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing a photo of the kayak sitting in the water.

Thanks. Me too but if the weather does not warm up it will be July before the varnish dries!

Bruce

1 Like

…there is nothing like completing your own brightwork on a boat, of any size!

Finally removed the seat to clear bits of glass left by the broken quarter light.
Why they have to use two different sizes torx screws for the same seat is beyond me. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Probably to error-proof the seat assembly in the factory. If a different torque is required for each fastener, and they are applied in the same station on the production line, it’s one way to ensure the correct torque is applied to each fastener every time.

3 Likes

Hatch fitted. Boat finished. Launch next week!

15 Likes

It does look beautiful Bruce and look forward to seeing a photo of the finished boat sitting in the water after you launch!

Looks really good - very impressive.

Looks like a work of art…seems a shame to get it wet😉

Is that photo before or after, HH?

So far I have cooked two batches of spag bol/chilli con carne (multi-functional dish), Coq Au Vin, Bouillabaisse, Lancashire Hot Pot, Boeuf Bourguignon, Vegetable Curry and Chicken Chasseur. I always cook way too much and freeze some portions.

All have turned out pretty well, and the wife seems well impressed. Surprised myself, even though I was guided by BBC recipes. Enjoying cooking, takes me back to my student days, when I didn’t have a clue.

Have you had that commercially cleaned.

It’s only been vacuumed by yours truly.

You may want to consider spending a few £ and get a professional to clean it. They’ll have the right equipment to lift the pile.

Rebuild a large ikea pax. A Fraim must be easy to do.