TooL!

Die hard fan here. My 1st show was Tool - Memphis 1996. Hard to pick favorites, but if I must I’d say Opiate, Aenima and Lateralus rank highest. Fear Inocolum has just gotten better and better over the short time since it was released.

Have you seen this video: Danny Carey - “Pneuma” live

For anyone interested, I must sell my 3 tickets to Tool St. Louis on Friday March 8. Great seats, section 116 row J. I was recently diagnosed with a rare disease called Multiple Myeloma, and I am going through Car-T genetic cell therapy and will miss the concert.

I own every Tool and Perfect Circle album. If I had to choose,the first two albums for me…They just ROCK! I remember in the early nineties being at a Gentlemen’s club,and this one dancer played Tool songs for her entire show.That was me hooked,saw them live around 2007 I think it was.Maynard hid behind a screen to the left of the drummer for the entire show. He only came out front and center after the show to take a bow. The sound was incredible,so good that I thought it might be pre recorded.

2 Likes

Hey JaredH

Can’t take you up on the ticket offer as I’m in the UK but just wanted to say, good luck with your treatment & keep on rockin’ :pray:

& Danny Carey is Apex drummer :drum:

1 Like

I was very lucky to pick up Fear Inoculum in 24 bit on Bandcamp before Tool realised it shouldn’t be there and deleted their whole catalogue from the site. It sounds awesome. 10,000 days is my favourite though.

Been a Tool fan since Undertow’s release. I’ll have to post a pic of my Tool titles, including some rarities.

Good news to all vinyl lovers - Fear Inoculum will be released on 180g vinyl in April! Finally!! Now if only they would release 10,000 Days to vinyl.

There’s an unboxing video of the 5 disc set on Instagram by Adam if anyone wants to see it.

1 Like

Yeah, have to say that 10000 days is pretty significant for me. MJK sings a lot about his mother on that release, and it came out as my mother neared the end of a 30 year battle with cancer. I had many nights immersed in Wings (parts 1 & 2) as I dealt with that.

2 Likes

I hope that April release is sensible money.

1 Like

As do I. My guess is $100-125.

There are suggestions the limited release signed ones might be going for ~$800 on the tour. Unconfirmed. Similarly, unconfirmed suggestion there’s one on the bay for ~$2k. Quite a bit of commentary going on about this pricing.

Difficult to know how that translates to “street” pricing for the unsigned April release, but my guess would be closer to $200 upwards. Frankly, if they slapped a $500 price on it I wouldn’t be surprised. (5 records with full packaging with only one side used for music and in a vinyl-restricted market.)

Yeah, I saw this yesterday. Lots of fans not happy especially being a VIP / Tradestand release only.

Have seen the one on the bay, pure greed. The band should “do a Clapton” on him.

Just release a 1LP album (black vinyl) for £24 please and take my money :+1::+1::+1:

I remember the day this came out we were in some sleepy pub one lunchtime in The Cotswolds and the lad behind the bar played it in full.

Needless to say we finished our lunch and sat in the bar for another hour while he played it again.

3 Likes

Interesting. Fear Inoculum didn’t actually grab me that way to begin with, unlike Ænima. After several plays though I was hooked and it just gets better and better.

3 Likes

Opiate2 the single and first video in 15 years announced today. The book sounds very interesting. For sale in March.

Two new releases announced by Tool in a week. This is a blitzkrieg marketing push (for them) to say the very least.

The vinyl set is 180USD.

£160 in UK just had email from Townshend Records released 8.4.22

£29.99 for OPIATE² Deluxe Blu-Ray Single Art Book released 18.3.22

It’s expensive but my order is in…

and…

2 Likes

Congrats on your order!

I plan to place my order tomorrow morning with my good friends at MusicDirect. Been needing an LP drill too, and supposedly, according to the US Rega importer, Rega sell a yellow mat I’d like to have to add a splash o’ color to the system.

It is a bit pricey, but looks simply a marvelous set and I’ve been waiting for it since Summer of 2019. So there’s no realistic chance I can resist😁

The Opiate squared issue also looks quite nice, and while it would be nice to have the song available on standard CD so I could spin on my CDX2, I’m just happy to have the studio version of what I’ve heard live.

FI vinyl box set appears to be limited to just one per customer right now. At least where I purchased from it is. Will be interesting to see how “limited” it is.

Glad I got my order in early! :relieved:

1 Like

As much as I love this album I am all good with the CD; I can buy a ton more new music with my £160.

1 Like

Discovered them back with Undertow, pretty much forgot about them until 10,000 days, completely love Fear Inoculum