Tori Amos

There are 5 CDs of that '05 Original Bootlegs, each one has a number of different songs on them to make them of interest so worth having the lot in my 'obsessive collector’s mind (see my thread on that :wink:). I live in London so it was a no brainer to go to the gig.

I know… Thinking of buying another of them… :thinking:

1 Like

Ah… OK… Still not Birmingham… lols.

Love Tori @IanRobertM Birmingham would be ideal too

I have been trying to get The Beekeeper on vinyl for years - which is my favorite Tori ablum - little earth quakes is a classic, Under the Pink etc

we have kate bush and then Tori - I think she still has a house in Cornwall ???

Made as a box of frogs but her music

2 Likes

She has a Studio in Cornwall… Its called Martian Engineering - Google can find it…

Believe she splits her time between the UK & the US…? TA’s Personal Life

Just ordered half speed master of Under the Pink, not sure if I missed it or already have it but just in case have secured one, read about it in an equipment review in June Stereophile and was then thinking “do I have this ???” have a few of the Abbey Road remasters but this doesn’t ring a bell.

I have everything she’s released. Was hooked since she was on the Jonathan Ross show way back when.

1 Like

I cannot claim that - most of, maybe…

Yes she lives and records her albums in Cornwall.

I’m also a fan of KB and saw her at Hammersmith in the month stint she did a few years back but I was a bit disappointed and the same with the last album. On the other hand I though Tori was incredible and as I said earlier in the thread she just gets better IMO.

2 Likes

This was all I needed; bought the album on cd soon after.

1 Like

Cornflake Girl was from her second album ‘Under the Pink’ I believe unless there have been some track changes with re-issues or remasters.

Oops I see someone has already mentioned that.

1 Like

Try Amazon.

Nearly bought it a few years ago when cheaper, but I think I listened to it online and wasn’t bowled over.

Only £20+… Still too much, for a potentially ‘dodgy’ album… :thinking:

I think it was under a tenner a while back, may have listened on Qobuz/YouTube or other, would advise to listen first.

1 Like

Looks like its on YouTube…

Qobuz I suspect:

1 Like

Listening on YT now…

Qobuz does not compute here…

Also on Apple Music and Tidal, would not be surprised if on other services too.

Qobuz never computes, it’s just quirky :grinning:

OK, so - Y Can’t Tori Read… The title came from her refusal to read music…

Its the late 80’s - and the production confirms this (so, big 80’s Drums and Keyboards). But - the producer was TA’s choice. All the songs are pure TA. The YCTR guitarist stayed with her for quite a few more albums - until the mysterious ‘Mac Aladdin (*)’ took over…

TA has been known to still play some of the songs, live. But - she doesn’t like the Album now…

(* - I think we know who Mac Aladdin really is, by now…)

Its not horrible (I have listened quickly to all the tracks) - but its not essential, at the current going price of GB£20 +…

IMO… YMMV… Go give the tracks a try, online, if you are tempted… :thinking:

PS. Feel free to continue kicking this thread on Tori onwards… :grinning:

Personally I think the album artwork is what puts me off - it’s a bit ‘Miss Whiplash’ (whatever that is) compared to her subsequent albums and themes visited therein. Somehow makes me think of Ms Bush’s Babooshka.

Must revisit.

Naturally if it was Floor in that pose I’d be putty…

1 Like