Tori Amos

Yes, deffo Babushka era KB there. But not, Miss Whiplash… trust me on this… :wink:

No YouTube links please :melting_face:

Why… Would that get you in trouble…?

What I was looking for was the correct name for Floor’s current stage wear designer (called Barbara Pesendorfer) … Who is based in Austria and is called Royal Black - and its SFW… :astonished:

I know this because Floor told me… :crazy_face:

See… no links…!!

1 Like

No more than usual when it comes to Floor :grinning:

1 Like

Just an average Dutch girl… :grinning:

1 Like

Seriously stunning clothing, just don’t think most of it would fit me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

:dizzy_face:

Around the time of the ‘Y Kant’ album she was a mate of Al Stewart and sings backing vocals on this album.

2 Likes

Good day Tori fans - I pulled up Tori on my external hard drive an it appears that I have 18 of Tori’s efforts. It’s difficult to choose a favorite.

2 Likes

For those enjoying Tori’s Led Zep ‘Thank You’ cover (from the Crucify EP with Angie and Teen Spirit) try to find an album titled ‘Encomium: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin’.

Encomium

Tori covers ‘Down by the Seaside’ with Robert Plant. As you would expect from these two, recreating the original is not on the agenda, but it is very good!

ps - the Never the Bride cover of ‘Going to California’ is pretty good too.

1 Like
1 Like

I know bugger all about fashion let alone haute couture, but if this is the designer in question her portfolio is stunning and she looks so young to have amassed that experience. I’m really impressed from a visual standpoint. We see so much fluff paraded on catwalks.

http://royalblack.at/about

1 Like

So… update on my Tori Discogs order… Had a bad Seller - failed to communicate or sent the CD. Hmmm… Order now Refunded.

But… meanwhile… I found the full Montreux sets on CD - Live at Montreux 1991/1992…!

THAT is now on order… :grinning:

2 Likes

These are my cds. Vinyl elsewhere; under the pink, boys for pele, unrepentant Geraldines, native invader, y Kant tori read.

Actually I didn’t buy that “piano box” collection.

2 Likes

An excellent watch and listen. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

So when my half speed remaster of Under the Pink turned up I checked out the other two copies I had of this album to find, yes, they were both also the half speed remasters ….

So let a mate and fellow Tori fan know and he is coming round later today to give it a good home. However, he did tell his wife he was popping round to mine to pick up an album, to which his wife said “So long as it’s not bloody Tori Amos” ………

To compound things I mentioned this to my daughter (eldest who is 23), and she said “I’m with her on that one, so bloody depressing”.

It seems not everyone is so enamoured with our quirky little genius.

Have seen her a few times live and always been absolutely spellbinding.

Cracking album that on CD or vinyl.

1 Like

Scarlet’s Walk Anyone?

The Light Princess (Musical)? Quirky and quite dark in places composed by Tori. ‘My Fairy Story’ always sends shivers down my spine, the tale of an orphaned girl, song proper starts around 46 sec.