Totem Tribe Tower

I never had a comparison test so I can’t really judge. However the claws seem to work well as far as I know, the soundstage is indeed very clean already.
Thanks for your response, I was curious but surely this detail isn’t the primary concern in my system.

I’ve always stuck with the claws too.

Wouldn’t you be curious to check the IsoAcoustics? I just wonder how much impact they would have on the sound, but surely it’s not a night and day change.

However in your case it would be more logical to spend money on a different pre/amp, but if I’m right you are happy to stick to your Supernait 2. As long as you are happy, there’s (almost) nothing to change really.

I’d rather the Townshends and keep the claws on.

I haven’t given it that much thought to be honest. I’ve always thought the whole design works fine as it is.

Yes, I’m happy with the SN2. I will shortly be adding a Fraim Lite with my glass shelves and balls and nuts :roll_eyes: But, there is a slight complication, in that the Naim distributer is changing in New Zealand and my dealer will no longer be selling Naim within the next few months. I’m not so keen on the price of the new separates or going to a new dealer, but the change does mean that there may be second hand opportunities that present themselves as people grab new gear before the retailers change,…

I’m sure you are already very happy with your Signatures, I hope to be able to test them sooner or later at my dealer.

By the way, have you ever considered Quadraspire? In my opinion they look better than the Fraim too as they are more slim and smart. I have a Q4 Evo and I’m pretty happy with the performance, it significantly reduced vibrations and the bass response improved a lot, I was surprised at first.

Quadraspire also offers the X Reference series which is the top of the line and has similar prices to the Fraim.

By the way I hope not to experience similar problems with the local Naim distributer, so far it’s been fine.

1 Like

Yes, I almost bought the Q4 Evo, but decided that the SVT was a better match for the system, and the Referance was too big. But there were no SVTs in NZ. Then comparing the SVT to the Fraim Lite, we decided the Fraim was a better match to the room. I’ll add the glass, balls and nuts to have a full Fraim at half the price :sunglasses:

I considered this to a Fraim and a dealer of mine who does both, said that it’s only this X reference that is on a par with the Fraim.
It’s expensive tho.

@Mike_S Did you try the Q4 Evo and the SVT at the dealer? I wonder how all these racks compare about their performance. However just go with the Fraim at this point :sunglasses:

@popeye I thought that, even though I never asked my dealer. Prices are basically the same, so I would expect a simlar performance too. The Q4 Evo and the SVT are much cheaper indeed.

A base and three shelves of Fraim would cost £2,750 or so. Four levels of Quadraspire X- reference would cost £4,400. Make of that what you will.

No, unfortunately only the Q4 Evo is in New Zealand, and not at my dealers. The SVT and Fraim are made to order in the UK only. So, the Fraim Lite won on my dealers recommendation and aesthetics.

1 Like

@anon4489532 I suppose I didn’t fully pay attention to the prices list.

@Mike_S My dealer has the Q4 Evo and the SVT, if I’m not mistaken I’ve never seen a Fraim or an X Reference there. My dealer suggested me the SVT, but at the time I didn’t really want to spend much money on that to be honest (maybe I was wrong?).

I’ve owned both SVT and Fraim, and had the former immediately before moving to the latter. The SVT is good, especially the bamboo variant, but the Fraim is significantly better.

I’ve never heard the Totem Tribe Tower, only the much smaller Rainmaker and Arro, both of which I felt were excellent.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll consider that if I’ll ever change my rack.

I wasn’t really impressed with the Arro (for their low end basically), but I really liked the Rainmaker. What a nice compact speaker, it could be a bargain as now it’s discontinued. I was considering them, but I wanted a floorstander so I changed idea. I would highly recommend the Rainmaker without a doubt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.