Townsend Podiums, and a few Facts

…my explanation would be that the concept is that the driver should do ALL of the movement…not have some of this movement cancelled by cabinet movements.

Regardless of theories the fact is, that everything sounds so much better being decoupled from the floor boundary, well at least with my PMCs. ATB Peter

1 Like

Agreed that if theory is incompatible with the observation…then the theory is incorrect!

1 Like

Hi Chris The Bass room effects should always be there even if you moderate them by tone controls or equipment change. Some times it can help even things out if you angle the speakers to cross in front of the listening position and even angle one speaker differently to the other one and so vary the bass modes so the speakers dont reinforce one another.

1 Like

Hi peter

Just wanted to know how are you getting on with them, now you’re had a bit more time.
Was thinking about trying some myself and see if i can tell the difference between them and the gaia iii’s i use now.
Also any chance off a better pic taken front on and one looking down on them from above the speaker? As just trying to get a better feel for how large they are.
Cheers

Hi Dunc, here you go. I stick by my OP description of positive change, the system simply sounds the best it ever has. :+1:t3: ATB Peter

3 Likes

This might also give you and idea, they actually do need a bit of space. You could speak to Townsend about overall size I suspect. Peter

7 Likes

Here’s a suggestion .

When i bought my Podiums there was 2 sizes i could have gone for. So i made a cardboard template of both [sizes are on Townshend’s site] and placed them under my speakers so i could visulize which was going to be the most suitable.

I actually went for the larger size as they would be more stable for my speakers.

Cheers

My room is carpeted. Wonder if this type of Wobbly item would work?

The gaia’s that i use, they also make a spike kit for them,that the feet fit on.
Dont know if Townshend do such a thing? Would need to check the website.

Hi Dunc,
The Facts themselves are not at all wobbly on the Podiums because of the chrome plated outriggers, but inherently the Podiums allow them to sway when pushed gently ( bit of a party trick really).
You must try them :+1:t3: Peter

1 Like

My room has thick carpet with underlay.

The Podiums are heavy in themselves , with large feet , and with the speakers on they are very stable , no spiking needed. The speakers do move freely [much more than the Gaia’s , which i had before on different speakers] as PeterR said.

My room is also heavily carpeted, and the Townshend Podiums made a remarkable uptick in performance. Definitely worth a try/listen.

2 Likes

I already use Iso-Acoustics Gaia III isolating feet on my PMC Twenty5 26 speakers. So I am familiar with the associated benefits that these bring. However, I have recently ordered pair of Townshend Seismic 2 podiums, awaiting delivery. Will see if the Podiums produce a bigger SQ increase than the Gaia’s.

Hi NoNaim, you would like to think they do. Would be great if you could post your findings :+1:t3: ATB Peter

Hi PeterR, will post my findings, when I have taken delivery and swapped out Gaia’s for Podiums. ATB.

2 Likes

I have 3 isoacoustics iso-pucks under each of my Wilson Benesch ARCs (stand mount speakers that are bolted to the stands).

These cleaned up the bass immensely and the iso-pucks are a fraction of the cost of Podiums.

Strangely I got more bass when I added GIK Acoustic Panels to my small listening room.

Will be interesting to see how you get on.
I have to say i prefer the look off the gaia over the podiums, as they blend in and look more standard, i can see myself catching my toes on the podiums as they do stick out quite a bit, but as always if they are indeed better than i might look to try myself and if so, live with the look

The best isolation devices under speakers that are very often cited in a lot of forums ( for high end gear) are Stillpoints.
Townsend podiums are also acclaimed, but some find sometimes some issues with the bass, which can be less defined with the Townsends.
Unfortunately Stillpoints are well beyond my financial capabilities, as Magico Mpods.

1 Like