Turntable Poll

Thanks. It does both.
OK, so it’s just a dressed up Rega 3 circa 1999. Bought new from a Rega dealer in Brighton. Buying a new TT in 1999 was seen as " odd". By then vinyl was properly seen as old school by most.

But 22 years on, still catches an eye.

Can’t answer poll. LP12, ARO, Hana, Lehmann Phono.

I suspect that most Aros put on LP12s 20 to 30 years ago are still on the LP12s. I bet most original Linn arms are not.

1 Like

So is a bag of chips. :joy::joy:

Details on ‘Show Us Your Turntable’ thread, post #12.

1. Thorens TD124 Mk2 / Fidelity Research FR64 / Fidelity Research FR1 Mk3F / Superline

2 LP12 / Armageddon / ARO / Troika / Prefix

Play mostly on 1.

Could always start another poll…

Although probably kept simply with; which turntable do you use your Aro on (?)
Far too many variables to also include carts and phono stages :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

@anon4489532. Ten years ago I wanted a new turntable to go with my then MF Nuvista M3 integrated and Dali Helicon 8 MK2 speakers. So over a period of two years, on and off I listened to Avid, Linn, Mitchell, Nottingham Analogue and Roksan, there may be others that I have forgotten. I had never hard of John Palmer but happened to be in a dealers listen to a Mitchell and he suggested I had a listen which I did, there and at home. To my ears it worked in my system in my room so I purchased the JP 3 along with the Quad 24P phono stage; again I had listened to lots of phono stage over two years.
The last sentence of your second paragraph, IMHO, sums it all up nicely. Where you find Naim you tend to find Linn and/or Rega. So I was just curious to do a straw pole to see if the majority of Naim owners went down the Linn or Rega route. From all of the responses it would appear not, there is an eclectic mix which is nice to see or indeed hear.
I appreciate my pole was over simplified but there are that many combinations one could have on a Linn or Rega plinth I thought the pole would get unwieldy.
Kind Regards.
Roger

That was not the intent, I was just trying to keep it simple.

I had it in the past and even preferred it to the P9. It was livelier.

1 Like

I was just curious to do a straw pole to see if the majority of Naim owners went down the Linn or Rega route. From all of the responses it would appear not, there is an eclectic mix which is nice to see or indeed hear.
I appreciate my pole was over simplified but there are that many combinations one could have on a Linn or Rega plinth I thought the pole would get unwieldy.

1 Like

I was just curious to do a straw pole to see if the majority of Naim owners went down the Linn or Rega route. From all of the responses it would appear not, there is an eclectic mix which is nice to see or indeed hear.

The results of this straw pole would appear to show an even split between Linn and Rega and themajority in the other camp. All just a bit of light hearted non scientific research.

1 Like

Funny how the Linn camp led the Rega camp significantly whenever I looked yesterday and late into the evening, but evened out until today. Time zones?

I was not really trying to learn anything for a recommendation, I was just curious to do a straw pole to see if the majority of Naim owners went down the Linn or Rega route. From all of the responses it would appear not, there is an eclectic mix which is nice to see or indeed hear.

So, I was just curious to do a straw pole to see if the majority of Naim owners went down the Linn or Rega route. From all of the responses it would appear not, there is an eclectic mix which is nice to see or indeed hear.

It was just curious to do a straw pole to see if the majority of Naim owners went down the Linn or Rega route. From all of the responses it would appear not, there is an eclectic mix which is nice to see or indeed hear.

LOL. You can put several quotes or @usernames into one reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you.
Sounds complicated but I will give it a go next time.

For a moment I thought I became crazy Lol. Like returning ever and ever to the same post. :joy:

Just select the text you want to quote, then click “quote” in the pop-up. After the reply box opens (which will contain this quote), you can select additional text in other posts, and click the “quote” pop-up there as well. Each quote will then be added to the reply box, so that you will be replying to them all in one go.