Turntable Poll

Hmmm I dunno. I mean yeah there is a lot of ATC, B&W, PMC, ProAc, Neat, Kudo, and Spendor (all UK brands) on the forum. But there seems to be an equally large amount of Dynaudio, Focal, Sonus Faber, Shahinian, and JBL too.

I get what you are saying though. And it is true. There are utterly loads of speaker brands out there and the forum has congregated on the same 12 or so.

1 Like

Same here with my Linn LP12 turntable, Linn arm, Linn cartridge, and Naim phono stage.

Perhaps a reset? Who is the manufacturer of your turntable base?
A) Linn
B) Rega
C) Any other manufacturer
D) I made it myself
It’s a good thread :thread:, so thanks to OP

1 Like

Ditto. LP, Ekos2, Kandid with Superline. Another one cast out into the netherworld.

1 Like

That’s exactly how Peter described mine when I purchased from him a few years back

Another one here that does not match poll

LP12 , Ekos 1.5, Dynavector Dv20x2 with Dynavector P75 Mk4 phono

What to do if you have more than one of these options?
(Seems the voting mechanism will only accept one choice).

Linn LP12 - (all Linn bits) - Linn Ittok - Linn Troika
Rega RP6 / NEO psu - Rega Ania Pro - Rega Aria

Nigel yes I’m Vertere PSU, Roksan TT/arm, Dyna cartridge/Naim Phonostage.

Michell Orbe/Technoarm/Dynavector DV20x2/Trigon Advance

VPI Prime - Grado Reference. Sonata II - Naim Stageline/Flatcap XS2 - Chord Huei

Michell Orbe (NC), SME V, Dynavector XX2 Mk2, Prefix

It would have been interesting to see the numbers of people with LP12/Naim Aro/Superline combo on this Naim forum.

Over in the Padded Cell, Roger started a much more interesting thread about turntable synergy, asking whether it was possible to achieve synergy with a Naim system with anything other than Linn or Rega.

When the whole Linn / Naim thing started, Linn didn’t make arms or cartridges and the classic deck was probably the LP12 with Grace G707 and a Supex, the 900 or something like that. Only later did the Ittok and Asak appear to form the first all Linn front end. But even then it was used into a Naim phono stage.

When Rega started they were very much ‘beneath’ Linn and only later started making top flight decks that could truly compete with Linn, or at least the more basic versions of the LP12. In the U.K. Linn and Rega have long been popular, with a large dealer network and a good reputation, so will obviously feature in more systems. That doesn’t mean they have a particular synergy, more that they are popular. Other decks may have better synergy but never come to prominence.

@RogerGround owns a Palmer and it would be good to hear why that was chosen over perhaps more ‘popular’ options.

2 Likes

Another Alphason Sonata and HR100S MCS user here

1 Like

Pink Triangle, Grace G707, Goldring Eroica L, Stageline.
Supex 901 sculling around somewhere in the house.

1 Like

Rega p6 with ania and project tube box ds2 valve phono amp

Second/daughters setup

Rega P25,RB600,Exact. With Laa-Laa mat.
An all Rega deck.

9 Likes

The job of a turntable is twofold, to sound good and to look good

I think that does one and will do the other

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Vertere MG-1 MKII, Vertere Mystic, Dynavector P75 MKIV.

1 Like