Turntable suggestions for new SN3

Indeed it is! Here’s one of mine…

9 Likes

Thanks Richard, this new system is amazing. I now have a better understanding of the Forum rules. Now all I have to do is learn how to post images only, and not promote advertisement on Naim’s Forum!

All you need to post images is the direct URL, or the actual image itself on your computer. Then click on the upload button to bring up the “Add An Image” dialog box.

c2d409f0305a2443e4a2bbb11c7654d0-320-80

Thanks Richard, the $35 per month android phone wasn’t up to the task!

The Learning Curve!

It may not be a Klimax, with Radikal PS. But it sure looks great for the money!

1 Like

Well done👍

1 Like

Nagaoka MP-500 is fantastic with very balanced sound reproduction and probably difficult to beat in relation to the price. (Interchangeable needle)

Now there’s a coincidence but you’d need a transformer for a Nait, 20:1 would give a reasonable load.

Rega P8 with music man the music maker cartridge
The best moving IRON cartridge…and high output too
Or for less money …the lovely Hana high output cartridge …had one myself and much preferred it to my 2M black

“There is then the Klimax version which uses Keel subchassis, Ekos arm, Kandid cartridge, Radikal DC power supply and motor and the option of Urika phono stage that is built into the underside of the plinth. What is critical to the ethos of the LP12 is that any model ever made can be converted to the current specification – or indeed mix and match the current components with legacy ones.”

Just curious, has anyone compared Linn’s entry level Majik to that Monster above? And if so, how substantial is the difference!

I know, curiosity killed the cat😕.

If I would’ve known then, what I know now, I never would have sold my beloved fluted LP 12😢

PS. Hind sight is always twenty-twenty!

My LP12 had the fluted Afromosia base. It was beautiful. But I have no regrets getting rid of it. It was too finicky, I didn’t have a setup jig, and there was no longer a local qualified Linn dealer with regular business hours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Allante93, I demoed the Majik LP12 four years ago. It was ok but a bit lifeless. Decided to stretch and get an Akurate LP12 which was much more dynamic, driving and involving. Since upgraded to the full Klimax but with Akurate Radikal. It is a stunning listen. I am sure other decks are also great at this level but I do love my Linn. Great fun.

Stu

3 Likes

It is a massive difference, IMO. Whether it’s worth the price is a different discussion.

However, put a Lingo or, even better, a Radikal in place of the limiting Majik power supply and it does the biggest jump in performance of the various steps.

I’m happy with the upgrades over the years to get to full Klimax setup (though I have since moved away from the Kandid).

I think this is a bit far from the original point of discussion unless the OP wants an LP12, though, in which case another thread seems more suitable.

3 Likes

That’s what my dealer was advising me to do, but I really didn’t fully understand. But even if I did, I was still chasing my Naim Active System.

After all, the maim reason I left Linn, they don’t repair there older amps and crossovers!

But everything happens for a reason, I really enjoy the thick and rich sound of my 250.2s.

Reflecting back, the 282’s clarity appears to out perform my LK 280s. With that being said, when my Briks were activated with Linn’s Kairn and the bingo card that resided within Linn’s XO, the Music had an effortless flow rate. Ok, getting long winded, I need an 2014 pre-loved SCDR! Then I will pay you gents a visit and bring back my Brand New Snaxo 362!

Enjoy Your Music, The Why!

I agree, My apologies to the OP!

You gents know How get carried away! LOL☺

1 Like

oh ooh, the thread is deviating in the best upgrades for the lp12…:guardswoman::man_student:

Nobody with a good health mind will buy a klimax lp12 to connect the SN. Or somebody who believes in source first affirmation like a bigot.

3 Likes

I knew I didn’t REALLY want an LP12!

Ok, who has the courage to start a new thread?

Please forgive them OP:

For they know not what they do! LOL☺

PS. Price aside, there are few cons.

The LP 12 may not the best nor is it anachronism after 45 years it has stood the test of time!

Naim’s Holy Trinity:

LP 12 * 45 years
CD555 11 years
ND555 50 years ??? And a bargain at 20K

1 Like

i was more joking…

Hardly relevant. The Cd555 (notwithstanding DR) was the same product when it went out of production as it was at the beginning. Certainly not the case with the LP12!

That may be true, but in any case of Naim’s holy trinity The LP 12 has stood the test of time.

Now that I look over my words, I see your point!

How about a new thread! LOL☺

The OP is not spending LP type of :moneybag:, nor am I!

RP 8, Rega 10, VPI , and that beautiful Linn LP 12 Majik with Project arm and MM cartridge!

Would probably be more in line with the OP’s
SN3.

PS. Haven’t heard from the OP since we hijacked his thread LOL☺!