Turntable suggestions for new SN3

Not sure it’s good to devolve into verbiage like this.

1 Like

Do bear in mind that English is not FR’s native language. I understand what he means - basically he’s right.

1 Like

It isn’t mine either - that is no excuse.

3 Likes

nd555, maybe 5 or 6 years

Not going down LP12 route.

I have no excuses to formulate. It was more a joke and irony on source first myth.

Well, to be quite honest, I wasn’t really sure what you meant by “devolving” into verbiage…

What do you mean exactly? Can a non-source component add a sound that is not supplied to it?

2 Likes

Worth looking up - it is a great synonym for the verb “to degenerate (into)”, though carrying a bit more symbolism, I’d argue, if you think of the roots of the word.

i remember now: you had a full klimax on a nait5i. Maybe you should change your dealer :star_struck::rofl:

I’m a fan of suspended turntables… Linn, Sota, Basis, Thorens has some really nice new stuff…

1 Like

i wanted to say that source first is not enough. Balance , synergy, is also important.

5 Likes

Ah yes, that makes sense. I’m a fan of source and system balance.

1 Like

Never had a Nait5i

error of mine, it was a nait xs.

I’m pretty ignorant about turntables.
Love the look of the latest Rega Planar 8.
No idea what MM cart would go well with it.
Obviously would need to hear it first. Are dealers less likely to let you loan a turntable for home demo?

Just wanted to say thank you to all who are replying in this thread. I am learning lots and am very grateful for this place.

System balance is important.
CDX2…NDX2…SN2…PMC25.23

1 Like

you have a well balanced system Mike, i feel. An nd555 would be too much however. But same for me…:grinning:

1 Like

why not a rega exact?

1 Like

Great amp, still use one in the second system.

I had a Planar 6/Ania once and it was a good, fun combo. However, like all Naits, the XS needs at least a Klimax LP12 to really sing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a Klimax LP12 with a Nait and a pair of bookshelf speakers would be a mighty fine thing FR…

Stu

3 Likes