Twonky vs Minimserver on Melco

No it’s the same,i need to renew Minim’ don`t want to pay

1 Like

I didn’t find any difference , I expect it’s system dependant (as always)
Ymmv😀

1 Like

I didn’t find a way removing Minim…the only way is to disable

Well my dealer had to reformat my new Melco and then reimport my music…….then reinstalled both servers. He could have just reinstalled one i guess……a bit of a brutal solution.

@frenchrooster Hey FR, Twonky for me. Minim vs Twonky sounds a bit more harsh through my system, fatiguing if you like? I don’t care for HiFi excitement, I want to just hear music and Twonky does that for me. I have not yet removed Minim but will do if I can find out how.

1 Like

If you find how to remove Minim please let me know … I tried and never found how …i’ll appreciate

1 Like

This is what I found:

Removing MinimServer from the Melco N1
You can remove MinimServer from the N1 by following these steps:

1. On the USB flash drive, delete the MinimServer file from the files folder. After you have done this, the files folder should be empty. Do not change or remove any other files on the flash drive.
  2. Power off the N1, then insert the USB flash drive into the USB port marked Expansion at the rear of the N1 and power on the N1
  3. The N1 will stop MinimServer if it is running and then remove MinimServer
  4. Follow the instructions in the “Importing Music Files from a Computer” section of the N1 User Manual to view the share folder in Windows Explorer or Mac Finder.
  5. Check the minimsetup.log file in the share/MinimServer folder to confirm that removal was successful. The contents of this file should be similar to the following:
  6. Expansion drive found
  7. MinimServer 0.8.5.2 is installed
  8. Uninstalling MinimServer 0.8.5.2…
  9. Do you want to save your MinimServer configuration file (y/n)?
  10. Removing links for automatic startup…
  11. Stopping MinimServer process 2357
  12. Saving MinimServer configuration file…
  13. Removing MinimServer installation files…
  14. MinimServer has been uninstalled
  15. Uninstall actions completed
  16. If removal wasn’t successful, copy the minimsetup.log, minimserver-init.log,minimserver.log and minimserver-out.log files from the share/MinimServer folder to another location and post a message to the Support section of the MinimServer forum
  17. You can now remove the USB flash drive. Melco recommends that you don’t remove a USB drive while the N1 is powered on.
  18. A copy of your MinimServer configuration is saved on the N1 in case you decide to reinstall MinimServer later. If you select Initialize settings from the N1 front panel or if you downgrade the N1 firmware to an older level, this saved configuration will be deleted.

…but it requires a USB stick - that was the original Minim install program.

DB.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.