U-Serve - time to move on?

That’s interesting. What’s your end game then bruss?

Isn’t the point here that wav files generated by the unitiserve doesn’t have any info attached to it

A flac file shows filename then Title, artist, album etc

A wav file shows only filename.
There is nothing to convert using mp3tag.

I’ll not keep on, read my post on the matter. It can do it, and it infact did do it for my entire NS02 library in around 30 minutes.

OK, I’ll take another look. Ta

What I will do int the week is get a tutorial together. I have not done if for years but its very simple.

1 Like

This is very good information Gary. I was thinking that a thread on this issue would be very informative information for those that are travelling on the UServe WAV train, somewhat like a ‘how to’ now that we have at least two methods to add metadata to Naim WAV’s to make them readable.

That way people will not asking that same question and simultaneously not getting the answers for solutions that may exist…preventing much anxiety in the process.

I inherited a number of music files on a unitiserve that I will be moving on in a month or two. I’m changing over to multiroom with the Bluenode (s). I decided that I’d copy off the music files from the unitiserve and at some stage I’ll go through them and keep those of interest and delete the rest. I have copied the files off to a network drive but as I’ve pointed out the flac files keep the artist, album etc with the file. The wav files don’t display that info with the file but seems to hold it in a separate xml file. I am therefore looking to convert the naim wav files now held on the PC to a more conventional wav format.

Thanks @garyi that would be really appreciated. I think you have come to my assistance before on the dbpoweramp forum so look forward to your tutorial. I’m sure many will find it useful.

Thanks, that’d be useful.

I see. Good luck with that project bruss.

1 Like

I’ll get it done int he week.

If I could multiroom the unitiserve I’d just get another couple of them. SQ is good, looks good and the radio feeds all work well.

Incidentally, I have a BlueSound Pulse One in the kitchen which I use to play from the UServe via UPnp, but it can’t see any metadata.

How is your Node able to?

I guess if you bought a series of Muso Qub’s your Multirom is good to go with your UServe.

I don’t know is the honest answer. I assume bluenode use an internet lookup service.

re the qb’s, 2i’s are 500 notes a piece and I already have various Naim set ups fer feeding the signal to. Cheap as chips I think they say :slight_smile:

High HH just following on from our conversation earlier this the menu.

Cheers.

I seem to recall doing it at the level above artist. Perhaps choose one album and try it first.

Select Albums and it will convert all of them. (My guess is that if you select Artists it will do the same, but I haven’t tried it.)

Tried it on one album and all good, I’ll set it up to do it’s thing overnight. Thanks.

Hi Nigel - could you (or someone) explain how you actually do this WAV to FLAC conversion from a Unitiserve onto a separate NAS. Is it on the n-serve app or on some desktop US app?

Cheers

Dave