Unconventional speaker designs

If they were matt black and holding a scythe they would look like “The Grim Reaper” to me :grimacing:

1 Like

Nice, do let us know how they compare to your Obelisk’s. I’ve heard the larger version once at a NY show several years ago. They sounded different from any ‘box’ speaker I’ve ever heard, casting a 3D sound with excellent detail, an extraordinary listening experience. I’ll buy them someday, when I win Powerball.

2 Likes

Chatting with the dealer this morning and I’ve arranged the home demo to start from tomorrow week, the 24th.
FWIW the dealer tells me that Thomas Tuchel owns a pair of 101’s :wink::soccer::musical_score:

1 Like

See post 43. In black they are frightening.

1 Like

:joy::joy: true

1 Like

Also not the best looking pair of speakers, quite low in WAF :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Another one from Germany: Dess Spaceline, aptly named… (no, its not DIY…):

1 Like

I think my speakers are an unconventional design in the sense that they’re HiFi speakers designed around PA drivers.

From Troels Gravesen, the designer:

Just google his name and on his site you’ll find these and a few others in the section “FUSION SPEAKERS”.

For those interested, my build of them can be seen here: Speaker Build - Faital 3WC-15

3 Likes

That’s a very eclectic way to define ‘unconventional’, but I like it. Looking at the TG speaker designs since quite some time…

Antony Gallo designs

1 Like

FrontRo hybrid electrostatic… Seen at last year’s Daventry hi-fi show. About chair height.

2 Likes

mmmh, not bad looking! How did it sound?

Can’t really remember, but didn’t stand out. Room acoustics at the show weren’t particularly good so not a place to make a fair judgement.

1 Like

Davone Speakers.

1 Like

But it is a normal dynamic speaker. Nothing unconventional there, imo.

yeah, but there’s a lot of such in this thread…

1 Like

1102A4E4-5339-4250-9C47-31049FDE3623
must be posted, of course
Martin

5 Likes

I have actually heard 3 of those. They sound pretty good and look even better. You are paying for the wood work and looks though.

1 Like

Yes, but speakers are part of the furniture . I once impulse bought a pair of Ruark Sabres based purely on their looks, in my audio regrets they feature highly - when I gave them to someone who blew them up .

Those Davone speakers and these beauties from post 102 would grace any lounge

3 Likes

Lawrence audio. Unconventional in their form.

1 Like