Unconventional speaker designs

I’ve seen in Japan

Can’t see them selling many of these in Doncaster.

1 Like

Love this thread…keep it going

1 Like

You should know as you lived in Japan.:joy:

From Futuristic decors site:

“ User Experience

Relaxation and Mood

Creating a calming environment is essential for the user experience of a Speaker Toilet. Ambient lighting features can set the right mood. Soft, adjustable lights help users feel more relaxed. This simple addition transforms a typical bathroom visit into a soothing retreat.

Incorporating soundscapes or nature sounds enhances relaxation further. Users can select gentle rain sounds or tranquil ocean waves. These audio options create an immersive atmosphere. They help distract from daily stressors while using the toilet.

Massage functions add another layer of comfort during use. Many modern toilets offer built-in massagers to ease tension. This feature promotes relaxation and improves the overall experience. Providing aromatherapy options enhances the ambiance. Users can enjoy pleasant scents that calm their senses.”

I couldn’t find if it’s AI or real toilets sold on market.

2 Likes

Bayz audio

1 Like

In Japan you certainly get toilets that play music, and other more ambient sounds - but none I went in had any toilet bowl/cistern speakers such as your AI generated gaudy creations!

1 Like

This is rather the opposite of the thread subject, as ir is just about the most conventional horn speaker ever made, being a straight exponential horn.

A straight horn, 27 feet (8.23m) in length with a cross-section that curved exponentially from 1 1/16 inches (27mm) to a massive 7-foot-1-inch square (2.16m sq.) at the horn mouth. It was first built 95 years ago, and was reconstructed in 2014. Designed by the UK Science Museum’s Roderick Denman, it’s not quite full range, apparently 30Hz-11kHz, so needing a tweeter - but then the driver dates from the original! Aside from that, it aimed to be the closest you can get to a perfect speaker, and in 2014 it apparently was still felt to live up to that.

This is a photo of the original:

If I were to come into a major lottery win, I’d be tempted to have a (very) large listening room with a pair of these built in the garden exiting into the room.

4 Likes

I hope that when you have done a dump it sings ‘simply the best’ by tina turner.

I wonder if my recently acquired Ovator S-400s qualify as unconventional?

6 Likes

The Avalon Sentinel was the first that came to mind as seen in real life.
They look like nuns to me in a way, they sounded great but not the best looking pair money can buy if you ask me.

7 Likes

I’m just about to home demo a pair of the little brother to these Radialstrahler 101.
The 126’s will hopefully be here at home shortly.

5 Likes

If they were matt black and holding a scythe they would look like “The Grim Reaper” to me :grimacing:

1 Like

Nice, do let us know how they compare to your Obelisk’s. I’ve heard the larger version once at a NY show several years ago. They sounded different from any ‘box’ speaker I’ve ever heard, casting a 3D sound with excellent detail, an extraordinary listening experience. I’ll buy them someday, when I win Powerball.

2 Likes

Chatting with the dealer this morning and I’ve arranged the home demo to start from tomorrow week, the 24th.
FWIW the dealer tells me that Thomas Tuchel owns a pair of 101’s :wink::soccer::musical_score:

1 Like

See post 43. In black they are frightening.

1 Like

:joy::joy: true

1 Like

Also not the best looking pair of speakers, quite low in WAF :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Another one from Germany: Dess Spaceline, aptly named… (no, its not DIY…):

1 Like

I think my speakers are an unconventional design in the sense that they’re HiFi speakers designed around PA drivers.

From Troels Gravesen, the designer:

Just google his name and on his site you’ll find these and a few others in the section “FUSION SPEAKERS”.

For those interested, my build of them can be seen here: Speaker Build - Faital 3WC-15

3 Likes