Unhappy with the new NAIM update

This is how to do it for nd555.

I would unplug it for 5 mins before doing it. If of course you want to do it :blush:

2 Likes

I think I suggested this earlier, for anyone not happy with the presentation. Sometimes that just gets everything settled.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s to resolve any software glitches that may have been caused by the FW update.

1 Like

I’m confused on earthing now. My LP12 has an earthing wire connected to my Heed phono stage, this is then connected to the 552 and always powered up. I’ve never changed the earth switch on the ND555, so it’s as it came new (can’t check, as away until tomorrow). I also have a bluray and TV connected to the ND555. Regrading the firmware, my impression was that it was was quite a bit better in my system. I’ll play with the ND555 grounding switch when we get home.

Done a factory reset a few days ago

1 Like

Oh ok. Did you follow the same instructions as in the screenshot?

No - I did it via the menu on the display of the nd555
Have 2 ps hard to hold.

I think that might not be a ‘hard’ factory reset :thinking:

I have also connected my AVR via din to the 552. but it is always completely switched off when I listen to music.
Connected earth from prefix to 552 … ??? Don’t know it this made the sound harder again?

Pulled the earthing cable out again.

Than how should I do it with 2 555ps?:wink:

Have you tried the earthing switch to floating option?

Not sure. Can you power it up with just one ps for the purpose of the hard factory reset? Or if you need two, can you just turn them both on at the same time?

The instructions I posted don’t mention anything about it so I assume it’s not a barrier…

2x power button plus front buttons simultaneously is difficult :blush:

Found this. Says the same:

1 Like

I reckon you could press ps 1, then press ps 2, then hold down the 2 buttons on your nd555.

But I’m just guessing…

1 Like

Same here.

Initially after Nova update it sounded incredible, I couldn’t stop playing music. Then it went off a few days later and has probably now started returning to what the update initially sounded though maybe a tad brighter. The soundstage however remains considerably better.

1 Like

Interesting - after the Naim website (forced I assume) redesign the online guide for the Nova was inaccessible - must try again, I thought/assumed Naim had cut ties with tmtk, but there’s still not an e-manual/guide link on the new website (it and other products always needed a downloadable PDF as a better reference).

Your lp12 earth is connected to superline and superline to 552.
My prefix is inside phonosophie TT (think prefix is earthed to the chassis). And prefix is via snaic connected to SC … SC to 552.
This looks similar to yours.
But I have the separate earthing cable coming out of the prefix…
In the past not connected to 552

Just curious, which Naim person suggested this? I saw one user say they’d tried, I must have missed the Naim advice above, if it works that was good advice, but I missed seeing it. (I have a 555 which didn’t seem to have an issue so I’m only skimming this thread.)

I would have thought that the earth would go via the snaic in much the same way as my earth goes via the snaic to 552? When I next speak to my dealer I will check with him how it should work.

How’s the system sounding now?

Naim suggests you have the ground switch set to non-floating on one of your sources if you have more than one Naim sources IIRC.