Unhappy with the new NAIM update

I use wifi with my NDX2 and have had no issues with the update. However I was on wifi before the update so have not tried switching from ethernet to wifi or vice versa since the update.

4 Likes

What’s your status on the SQ issue?

I think you are spot on. Lost connection after updating my nova and was not able to connect to any WiFi network (also a Ubiquiti user with separate WiFi networks for AV, IoT etc) using the front panel/remote setup.
Update: connecting the phone/tablet to the wired network using a hub (usb → ethernet), app found the nova and my innuos server which is in native UPnP mode. After disconnecting the phone/tablet from the wired network, the app is able to connect to the nova as before.

In case you have a NPX 300 connected (in my case to the NSS 333) does it need to be disconnected from the streamer ( and connect the power cable to the streamer itself) for the factory reset or can it stay connected?

Factory reset is a last resort to attempt to fix stubborn issues that cannot be solved by other means. It should not really be used otherwise.

3 Likes

I did a factory reset yesterday as things had gone a bit ‘off’ after the update. All good with the balance again, thankfully.

G

3 Likes

Did the update a few days ago. Worked ok yesterday but today my ndx2 will not connect using the normal erthnet nor wirelessly . Reset the bt home hub left the ndx2 unplugged and switched off for 10 mins and still will not connect to router and app cannot find the ndx2. No issue prior to the upgrade -what can I try next please here? I am no expert (understatement )! When it comes to network and wi-fi!!

I am still not fully convinced if it is back to its original status. Sounding a bit off moments I know very well. Did factory reset yesterday and today it is ok so far

1 Like

Keep me updated on your progress as I’m still not completely happy with how mine’s sounding, which is a bit disappointing as I had one day where it was sounding really good but now it’s dropped back to sounding a bit too bright and overblown in the bass again. Not as bad as before but still there. Any problems with the hard reset?

I have exactly the same issue, did you find a solution?

PS Audio in the United States used to (and maybe still does?) allow users to choose which firmware version they wanted to listen to Depending on their dac and the effect of firmware on sound quality - and they even had names for each version to make it easier for people to talk about them.

2 Likes

Same here!
Bright and overblown Bass had Not dissappeared.
Before all sounded Perfect, now it is very dependent on the album.
There is still something off. Very sad about that. Hoping for a Solution.

Hard reset worked! But have not brought a solution for SQ

1 Like

Sorry if I missed it, but which Components within a Naim streamer are Directly operated on by a firmware update?

The micro controllers and the SHARC processor.

1 Like

Me too. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they are going to speak to Naim as they have a similar problem with the shop ND555.

1 Like

Geko, do you still have it on ”floating”?

Let us hope there will be a solution soon - keep us posted.
We both have very similar systems and therefore it is no surprise, that we are experiencing in a similar way.

You are both superior fiddlers too! :smile:

1 Like

Yes, still on the ‘floating’ setting as the seems to sound the best to me. However, as Simon-in-Suffolk mention, it could be because it’s knocking some of the horrible top and bottom frequencies off?

1 Like

I doubt that Simon did say that, because it isn’t true and he knows what he is talking about.