Uniti 1 upgraded and qobuz

hi Gert, Guinnless

Well if you want a pink noise you’ve just have to set on LPCM… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Naim Uniti read only Wav by stream
But it do this perfectly

Now, Nas performances:

for info NAS DS212 :
MARVELL Kirkwood 88F6282
1.6 GhZ
Physic Memory total 256 Mo
DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 6
Java 1.8.0_181-0048
ffmepg 4.1-11

GLOBAL performances
Processor arround 30%
Memory 70%

ffmpeg process
Processor = 10.3%
(shut down between tracks)
(around 15% at the beginning of new track)
Memory = 1.9 Mb
(in comparison Java = 104,3 Mb)
( clearly Java take the major part of my (small) memory…
java use for 2 or 3 around 1% processor each
I don’t know if BU server is concerned by these processes (as I do not found it in the list )

In conclusion DS212 can manage well BU server and ffmepg (especially when working)
Of course a better processor and almost more memory could be a plus (if we want to do other tasks simultaneously…

Guinnless
I’m really interested by your experience with Raspeberry PI
can you tell us more about this ?

All I can add to this is I found running it all on the NAS, convenient as it may seem, didn’t work as well as running on an old laptop. So I bought a RasPi and installed Bubble on there.
My NAS is just a music store and server and should I ever wish not to use Bubble then I simply use the Naim App instead.

I understand that the installation of a Raspberry is a bit out of scope on this forum Naim
But I still regret not having a little more details …
never mind
Would my curiosity be misplaced?
I do not insist

just a quick question and I do not bother you anymore …

BU server transcoding works on the Raspberry when you use Naim APP ?
(as I understood Naim app insteed BubbleUpnp (control point)

It’s a very similar install to running it on your NAS, plenty of the Web about it and links in this topic… The Naim App doesn’t work with Bubble so you need to use Bubble as your Control Point.

thank you Guinnless

As a post scriptum, Bubblesoft technical support sent me an email that indicates another solution to solve the problem with the path to ffmpeg and ffprobe:
<
BubbleUPNP Server accepts a number of command-line options at startup to configure some things that are not in the web configuration.
On Syno, the /var/packages/BubbleUPnPServer/target/bubble.sh shell script starts BubbleUPnP Server and the options (-ffmpegDir for this example) are specified in the BUBBLEUPNP_OPTS variable.
for example:
BUBBLEUPNP_OPTS = “… -ffmpegDir / path / to / ffmpeg”
>

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.