Uniti 2 Use of Phono 5 din plug with non Naim gear

I have a stageline connected to my NAIM Unit 2 through the 5 din Phono connection (240 degree). I am intending to move away from using the stage line MC but would like to check if anyone knows if the Phono DIN can still be used with 3rd party phono amp that uses 2 RCA. I have managed top source a cable 2 rca to 5 DIN 240 degree (not easy!). I would like to re use the DIn Phono connection on the unit 2 but fear it may damage the new PHONO amp (Heed Quasar) as its base config to the stageline pases power to the stage line.

Anyone had experience with using that phono connection on the Uniti 2 for a third party phnon with 2 rca? Comments advice welcome.

Hi, the DIN input will not pass power to a non-Naim phono stage through RCA plugs, so as long as the cable has been made up correctly it will be fine. You could also use one of the Uniti RCA inputs, but as you now have the RCA to DIN cable you may as well use that.

Thanks , I am have other uses for he exiting RCA inputs so keen to try the DIN if it works for the Phono. Would I expect better performance from the DIN socket or is that negligible?

Naim generally recommend that you use DIN for best performance, and my experience is that this is true where I have tried both options.

Great thank I will give it a go and see what happens.