Uniti Atom HE frustrations

I’ve had my Atom HE for a couple of months now.
Initially when I turned it on, the Menu was displayed as I expect which is good.

But, for the last couple of weeks, every time I turn the unit on I get a Ready to Pair message on the display and can’t get rid of it.
The remote seems to do nothing and buttons on the unit do nothing.
The only way I can get rid of this message is to use the Naim App and select something via the app.

I don’t use Bluetooth and can’t imagine any circumstances where I would.
The only thing I use is a 1TB SSD plugged into the rear USB port so the unit is always in Server mode.
How can I stop this irritating message from appearing every time I tun it on please?

Many thanks

Have you tried disabling the Bluetooth input?

1 Like

And have you completely power cycled the unit?

1 Like

Have you “paired” the remote as in the set up instructions?

2 Likes

I suspect the OP means the remote does nothing to remove the bluetooth message and not that it is not paired and does nothing at all.

1 Like

Here are the pairing instructions, but your remote doesn’t work at all?

1 Like

Thanks guys for your swift replies.
Yes, have tried disabling the bt input - makes no difference.
Yes, power cycled off and on
Yes, remote is paired - the remote does work, but it doesn’t help clear the Ready to Pair message on startup.
I’ve tried resetting the App too.

Is there a factory reset somewhere that I could try?

I’ve spent ages trying to stop this message, but nothing seems to clear it until I use the App to select Server or Internet Radio then I can play my music.

Try pairing it with a phone or other Bluetooth device just to get rid of the annoying request.
Failing that, a factory reset might well work. Why this is happening I have no idea. I never use Bluetooth either and have never been pestered to pair anything.

1 Like

Any ideas from the dealer/naim or perhaps reach out to naim staff on here like @NeilS

1 Like

I suspect it’s asking/offering to be paired to Focal Bathtub headphones, as they use Bluetooth for control purposes.

3 Likes

Press the Home button on the remote, go to settings and then scroll down to factory settings.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

They are good headphones though.

3 Likes

It definitely shouldn’t be doing that - as above, try a factory reset from the menu.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Thanks again all for your help.
First I tried pairing my mobile with it and that seemed to work.
I turned it off and on many times and all seemed good - until this morning.
I turned it on and got the Ready to Pair message again.
So I performed a Factory Reset and so far all seems good.

All the best
Pete

2 Likes

Pleased to say that my Atom HE seems to be fine again now.

However I have noticed that all my Favourites and all my Playlists have vanished.
I guess this is because I had to perform a Factory Reset (?)
Is there a way of preserving/backing up Favourites and Playlists if I have perform a Factory Reset again?

Thanks
Pete

1 Like

Yes you will lose some data when you do a factory reset. And there is no way I am aware of that you can back this up prior to a Factory Reset.

2 Likes

I always find it more reliable to create and manage playlists on a UPnP server rather than within the Naim app, which I have always found prone to losing them.
For Tidal and Qobuz, playlists and favourites are stored on their servers and should remain available.

2 Likes

Thank you both - I thought that may happen.
I don’t want to pay to subscribe to anything in order to just play my CDs, so I’ll try Windows media player as a UPnP server and see how it goes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.