Uniti Atom sound quality

The speaker placement is … bad :slight_smile: You could at least try to decouple them with some feet like IsoAcoustics, but I don’t know if that will help significantly, given this setup

Might be worth experimenting with separating the speakers from the kitchen worktop?

You can try this really cheaply. Buy some blue tack and put four large pieces under each speaker.

Worth a go trying as virtually no cost

2 Likes

Great minds …:grinning:

1 Like

Good idea trying with something cheap first

Your situation for the installation of the equipment is certainly not ideal. There have already been suggestions for speaker cables. Many members use Tellurium black II. My system with Uniti Atom also sounded rather dull out of the box with deficiencies in the treble. An important step forward for me was setting up the Atom on a glass plate (toughened glass) with silicone nitride ball bearings (Xanthe’s approach here on the forum). This is not expensive, and can be self-bulit - look at: System Pics 2022 - #98 by Wilfried
As mentioned above, Isoacoustics Aperta stands could be a solution for improvement the sound of your speakers. A free placement on speaker stands would certainly be better.

1 Like

Your situation looks not ideal, more a place for a mu-soQb if you ask me …

1 Like

Hi Desned, I have an Atom in a small bedroom used as an office. My speakers are Neat Iotas which can be wall mounted as I have done. Even in a less than ideal situation, I am very pleased with the sound quality of my system, but if I had to criticise it, I would point to a lack of weight particularly in the lower frequencies, rather than the high frequencies, which are very good for such a simple system. Perhaps the contrast with your experience reflects the speakers we use (as well as setup, of course). The Iotas have small ribbon tweeters and were designed with all-in-one systems like the Atom in mind.

Roger

1 Like

As advised above, NACA5 would be ideal for use with your Atom. But it can be a very awkward cable to use. It is stiff and inflexible and, as my speakers are mounted on the wall it stands out visually too obviously for me. I have replaced mine with Chord Sarsen which is thin and discreet and if there is a SQ penalty, it is small enough that I am prepared to accept it for the added convenience it brings.

Roger

1 Like

As @Suedkiez wrote, you need some decoupling for your speakers.
Isoacoustics Aperta would be hardly recommended. Or at least hard wood slabs.

:grin::grin:…it’s not a kitchen top, rather it is a man’s cave drinks bar…:wink: but as I mentioned the space is very limited…

1 Like

I know that…but this is the situation at the moment…I don’t have another place in my room for placement the Atom and the speakers, as you can see from the photos attached…:wink:
About the advice for the IsoAcoustics…here the price is 300 euros for a pair and with combination with a new cables, the investment will increase above the price of the speakers itself….so I will focus on the cables for now…:thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, but I will pass at the moment… it’s too pricey…and my speakers will not fit with the stands…they are too small.

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I’ll read more about them! :wink:

Maybe…but it’s too late…:wink: and besides I don’t like that kind of HIFI solutions…

Regards,

I do get the constraints, but constraints mean that the result will be limited. And cables may change details, but won’t fix the much larger influences of limitations in speakers, placement, and room. However, as the speaker cable you have now seems particularly unsuitable, it’s probably nevertheless best to change them to ones that work better with Naim and are not too pricey.
You can also still try with the Blue Tack under the speakers

You wrote your room is 18 square meters. Google says it’s 4 m2. Is it that ?

I’d guess it’s about 2.5 x 7 meters = about 18 sqm

1 Like

Why don’t you try a set of Atacama Isolation Gel Pads - they are about £20 for a set of 8 so very cheap. I used them for a pair of speakers on shelves and they worked really well

2 Likes

I completely understand … and the constraints are not with the money but mentally … when I bought the system (of which my wife doesn’t know the price, otherwise I will have family problems. :wink:), I was not mentally prepared that I would have to change everything immediately , I knew it, but I thought it would happen in the near future …but when I realised that the sound was not what I expected I decided to ask you guys from the community as more literate on the topic…in this regard, what do you think about a Focal 806 Chora …? in the Atom commercials, they are often shown as a combination … another model in my shortlist is Sonus Faber Lumina 2 … I’ve heard them, but not with Atom and they are very good …
I would appreciate any advice about these two speakers!

1 Like

Nice place!

1 Like