Uniti Atom

Two beginer question:
In what position shold be Ground gumb- in Floating or Default?
What kind of DAC is in Atom? Have some grade?

If you have another source connected, and that source is grounded, set it to floating. Otherwise, leave it on default. No damage will be done if it’s set wrong, so you can check for any difference by listening. You may hear no difference at all.

1 Like

I have CD player conected by coaxial cable, but player is not grounded, have simple power cable.

Then it should be left on default, as even if the CD player did have a ground, it will obviously not be carried by the Toslink cable.

1 Like

By optical cable is conected TV. That some change?

No, the Atom cannot be grounded through an optical cable, so again, leave it set to default.

1 Like

I cant find info about toroidal transformer and power supply. Is it same like at Naim5si or…?

What kind of info are you looking for? The power supply arrangement is different for the current Uniti range in that it consists of a large toroidal transformer and a smaller switch-mode power supply for standby purposes…

Large mins bigger than Nait5si ?

I don’t think that it will be easy to compare … why do you need to know?

I like to know what is inside. Read that amp from Atom is same family like Nait5si, but dont know what actualy that means.

That’s about the amplifier: it’s an indication that they share the basic design principles … in my opinion nothing more/ nothing less …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.