Uniti Core Resetting

Did you try having your Core fully powered on and see if it resolved the playback interruption via S/PDIF …?*

That is my problem and the reason for this post. Whenever i use the Coax port and the App (Full Power) my unit resets and stops playing music. When i use it in Standby mode using my Oppo Blu Ray or one of my Google TV’s it never resets. Its not my AVR or cables, ive ruled them out.

The point is that none of these subtleties are really relevant at all. It shouldn’t do that ever, whatever you do. So it’s likely faulty.

Hi,
Yes i said, but i shouldn’t have!
The problem is still here and i don’t know what to do.
I eliminated all the music, copy some backed up music to download folder and imported back to Core.
Even with just a few CDs in the Core library, the problem arises and more often than ever.
I was about to buy a 222-300-250 system, but today i decided that i won’t spend money in a company that doesn’t know what is doing; what is the point in having a streming base system if the SW is garbage.
This is a SW issue, i am almost sure.
Regards,
Rui

I saw in this thread or on one of the Core threads that someone had update 256(?). Possibly this might address the issue when it’s available?

It’s firmware 2.5.6 that is referred to. It’s not been released yet, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread.

Yeah, I’m on 2.5.6, which Naim supplied to me to see if it would fix issues I was having with the Core ‘waking’ – which it totally did……

Apparently it’s imminently ready for public release and was in the listening stage for sign off, but seems didn’t quite get done before the Xmas break up….I’d expect it to be released first week or so of the NY, all being well……

Whether it will address the OP’s issue, I have no idea….I just know it addressed the root cause behind my particular issue, which was due to the ROVI API changes some months back……

SC

1 Like

Thanks SC and David for the replies.

When i thought it couldn’t get worst, it really did.

Unable to use the Core because it keeps interrupting playback, now i can’t listen to internet radio with the muso.

Unbelievable…

1 Like

This is exactly what is happening to my unit. Are you using an android device? This started about month ago for me.

No I am IOS, however, I think I may have found the cause…a couple of tests to do tomorrow.

1 Like

I did everything you can do. My unit when fully powered up and only connected to power and ethernet plays music for random times then resets exactly like yours. That eliminates my AVM and cables. The only thing left is power and ethernet network. Power is fine because nothing else plugged into the surge suppressor is resetting. My unit never fails when i control it from one of my smart TVs or my Oppo Blu Ray Player. It functions fine as long as it is working via my ethernet network. If i use the Naim App in full power mode it resets.

My-so 2nd Gen not playing radio stations in the uk. Tidal works fine - have completed full reset without success. Everything reloaded but no radio streaming. Any ideas before I fire this thing out the window!

Hi and welcome to the Community –

The issue you have with your Mu-so is almost certainly due to the recent outage of the iRadio service the past few days (you may wish to read around the forum and catch up on that)…

Certainly nothing to do with the Core, which is what this thread is about….

The radio service is gradually being restored, though may be patchy for some, in some regions….I restart (power recycle) may help your Mu-so along….

SC

I also met the same problem. Uniti Core switches off and reboots randomly. I am not sure whether I found the universal decision or not but it helped me. I switched off bluetooth connection permission for Naim App on my iPad. Of course It is also possible to do the same thing for Android App. Simply Turn off the permission to “Scan for nearby devices” for Naim App on Android Device. It seems that Naim App is periodically trying to initiate the connection procedure with Uniti Core via bluetooth like it’s doing during primary setup and this causes reboot.

Same problem here. I will try your suggestion. But have you tried the latest software upgrade? 2.5.6.

Interestingly I am still having that same problem, I thought I had worked out was causing it (linked to meaningful changes to music database whilst playing material) but wasn’t the case. Was hopeful that the latest upgrade would do the trick, but no…No pattern to it, i.e could happen after a couple of songs or a couple of albums…so it appears at least 3 of us have the same (software?) problem.

2.5.6 update didn’t help. There was a really brilliant idea in this thread from Rcsm to close the App while listening the music. This really works, but it’s not very convenient. I’ve thought that the problem is inside the device but it seems that the main problem is in the Naim App. So I hope switching off the bluetooth connection permission in the Naim App could be a solution.

Did you do anything else after the latest update?
Did you do a reset of the Core or reset router/switch?
Asking only becauae my Core still wakes up and stops during playback.

Of course the main way that the Naim app connects to the Core is WiFi, not Bluetooth. The Core doesn’t have WiFi or Bluetooth so the phone talks to your network with WiFi and the network talks to the Core with Ethernet.

Hi,

I find it incredible (BAD) how Naim can’t fix this.

I still have around 700 CDs to rip, and most of the time i have to send the Core to Deep sleep, restart it again so that i can eject the CD and put it on again and be successful with the rip.

Sometimes i can rip two consecutive CDs.

Regarding playback, i am having this pattern.
Whenever i play a CD for the first time, since the instalation of the last firmware update, playback is interrupted after a few minutes.
From then on, whenever i play this CD, playback is not interrupted.

I am finally recovering (improving) from “temporomandibular disorder” that affected my earing; i sold my previous system during the last years because i couldn’t listen to music (i bought a Muso to keep listening at low volumes), and now was determined to buy another system (222+300+250).

Experiencing these issues was an eye opener.
No way i am buying a naim system based on streaming+core.
Better be quiet tha bored with bad products (yes, despite the fantastic sound, they are bad because the software is crap).

Time for another Deep Sleep…

Regards
Rui