Uniti Nova - Can't Wake Display

I know there are now various threads probably covering this issue in the wider discussion of the current firmware. I gave up on the option to turn the display off during playback over a month ago.

Despite some occasional display lethargy when adjusting the volume via HDMI ARC, I’ve not really had any noticeable problems since.

I cautiously look forward to the next update, meanwhile I’m almost used to having the display always on now.

Same problem with my Nova

I have the same problem with my Star- have to disconnect and then reboot. V disappointing

1 Like

Clearly I spoke too soon, mine has taken a turn for the worse now.

It seems to boot ok, and work normally for a while. Then after a short period in standby, it refuses to wake properly and doesn’t respond to any buttons on the unit or remote. After a while longer the power button starts flashing in strange way (5 flashes, 4 flashes, 2 flashes).

I’m so disappointed.

I get the same problem (Star) from time to time as you described. Apart of that some other variations such as the screen works well and freezes at some time. I have also noticed that sometimes the analogue input does not work until the unit is restatred (unplugged).

I have the same problem with my Uniti Nova: sometimes the display does not show from the start, sometimes it disappears while playing. Putting the Nova in stand-by and start again is often enough to restore “order”. Disappointing for such an expensive device.

Richard Dane, any news on resolving this bug?

2 Likes

The latest is here and it should fix any display issues:

1 Like

Thank you for taking the trouble to update my thread. I’ve taken the plunge and installed the update, which appears to have installed well… Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

It’s such a minor thing, but I’ve dared to use the “Turn off (display) during playback” setting again, and it’s SO nice to have this working as advertised (so far!).

I enjoy listening to music in the gloom (please, no Brexit Britain jokes…) and the display being off is a bigger deal than it should be to me.

Plus I look forward to watching movies without a second screen screaming “HDMI!!!” for no apparent reason.

3 Likes

I have installed the update on my Nova unfortunately I still have the display freeze and not respond to any buttons on unit or remote and display locked in home.
Slightly disappointed that the promised cure of the software upgrade has in fact not sorted out this problem for my Nova.
I have emailed Naim this morning awaiting reply just hoping that they actually know how to cure it.
I can at least still continue to cure with the age old computer age remedy of turning it off and on again, the joys of modern living, I can at least still enjoy listening to music.

I started experiencing display issues after the latest 3.3.0 update on my Star. The screen would freeze and the remote control no longer work. The app still works though. The only way to resolve this is a hard reboot but it would the problem would return after a while.

Iguoh, please contact Naim support giving them as much detail as you can. Thank you.

I got a reply from Naim after letting them know that the problem still exists after the update and basically they say that the problem was cured with the current update and that I am the first to complain that there is still an issue.
They are basically not going to be looking into this further unless more people complain, so please all out there let them know.

I have the Star but have had no problems at all since the upgrade

Have you tried a factory reset since installing the new firmware?

Yes and it’s still crap sorry just fed up now with Naim

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues. So far mine is performing well with the new update. But that said, shortly before the update was released, I switched from Wi-Fi to a wired connection. It anecdotally seemed to behave better after that, so it’s hard to tell which change was responsible (if any).

Was that the sum total of Naim’s response? It reads like “we fixed it, you’re wrong” which if so is quite disappointing. I’d hope they offered some troubleshooting tips and support, so at least you have a path forward and feel like they are taking the issue seriously.

I can only echo Richard’s advice, that everyone still affected contacts Naim directly to report it.

Good luck!

Hmmn not a great response. I would contact my dealer and borrow a unit from him and get them to send it back to Naim.

Naim definitely take any issue seriously. They are investigating any ongoing issues, so if you are affected then please do report as fully as possible to Naim support. The more Information they have, the better the opportunity to get to the bottom of any issue. Thanks.

Further update
Naim have now said that they are aware of further issues on the Forum with this but that there software team is convinced that the latest update has sorted the issue and that Putting the Nova into Deep Sleep will solve this Issue.

He said ‘To put the unit into deep sleep mode. Press and hold the standby button for 10 seconds. The unit will now go into deep sleep mode. Wait about 10 minutes, then press the stand by button. The unit will not switch on, this will take longer than normal stand by.

The issue will now be resolved. ‘

I have done this now wait and see if still works tomorrow.

Btw my unit is hardwired to the network not using WiFi

Fingers crossed

Thanks everyone for your help

2 Likes