Uniti Nova - Can't Wake Display

Strangely, since the update which did resolve the screen freeze issue, I occasionally (happened 3 times?) had the screen come on without prompting when in standby. The unit was definitely still in standby (no sound, light ring around the Nova volume control off, trying to change volume or station selection etc did not work, etc.) but I was able to switch between home display and info display on the app.

Confused me a bit at first. Taking it out of standby and putting it back in clears it. Bit weird.

1 Like

Me too

I had the same issue as Povey51. My Nova screen appeared frozen and then ‘woke up’ after a few minutes and displayed the current / correct music stream. I have done a power restart and deep sleep a couple of times since the firmware update.

Marty

I have experienced that too.

Six months old Naim Uniti Nova. Turn on, tur off, reset, plug, unplug all the time. Black screen, remote not working, no internet radios, buzzing when device is off. Question for naim.
When will I be able to enjoy the music and the device I paid for?

Tricetri, have you been in contact with your dealer or Naim support about this? If not, I would so so ASAP.

Yes I have. This is second device. Naim plexi logo was dropped on the first device. Poor quality glue. Shame for Naim.

Watch This:

OK, sorry sounds like you have not been very lucky here.

So I take it Naim support were not able to solve your issue?

I don’t think it’s about luck. Everyone has the same or similar problem. Defective and bad product. Is there a Uniti Nova owner on the forum who has no issues? Does everything work perfectly?

2 Likes

Were Naim support not able to solve the problem? If not, you need to contact your dealer so they can arrange with your Naim distributor to either fix or replace the unit.

I was recently persuaded by my wife and dealer to open up the Nova & Core that I bought in 2017 - never previously used. Guess what: the Nova display didn’t work. Dealer got onto the phone to Naim and now the kit is with Naim for repair/replacement.

It is very disappointing that so many of us experience these display problems. I would be interested to hear Naim’s explanation of what the problem actually is.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. But it’s another device. Naim Uniti Star, Atom and Nova have the same or similar problem. Does it make sense to substitute for a new device that will have the same problem. Naim is a big name in the HiFi world. I love the Naim sound, but this is too much for me.

1 Like

Well there are hundreds if not thousands of them out there and all the ones I know of are working just fine, including my own. There are of course a number of external factors that can have an effect on how well the unit functions; network, both in the home and via your local infrastructure and ISP. It’s a also worthwhile keeping the firmware up to date and ensuring the unit is properly reset after an update. Treat it a bit like you would a computer and you’ll usually be OK. The forum is a great help here for those who are having issues with streaming, so do try to take advantage of the excellent help and experience that is available from other users here.

Of course, it could just be that the unit is just not for you in which case you should engage with your dealer.

1 Like

I installed the last FW. I’ll pay for three years of Naim Uniti Nova. Six months constant reset of the device. This is a very expensive device. It’s Naim for god’s sake. It has to work perfectly. Don’t blame me or my network distributor or my environment. All other devices connected to the network work great without problems. As you can see in the comments, I’m not alone with this kind of problem. I repeat, I love the Naim sound but this is too much. I will contact customer service and see what they tell me.

2 Likes

As the one who started this thread, I will follow up by saying that my unit has been behaving much better in the past few months. I’ve not really had any problems whatsoever (knock on wood that continues!)

It’s difficult to pinpoint what resolved the issue, it could be one or more of the following changes I’ve made since my original post:

• Updating firmware to 3.3.0
  • Changing from WiFi to Ethernet connection
  • Removing Google WiFi from my network
  • Adding BT Whole Home WiFi to my network
  • Controlling my Nova exclusively from a single iPad (not using my iPhone or remote)

When I’m having issues and feeling frustrated, it’s easy to come to a place like this, read other tales of woe, and lose further faith in the product and the brand. But I try to remind myself that it’ll always be those which are dissatisfied who make the most noise. That’s expected in a helpful, collaborative community such as this forum.

@tricetri good luck, I hope you get good service from your dealer or Naim to resolve the problems. Whilst you are not alone with them, not everyone is (currently) unhappy with their Nova’s. :+1: