Uniti Star Display Disappears after Firmware Upgrade

I’m just wondering if anyone having problems have done ANYTHING to their network infrastructure, something like restarting a switch or router or maybe something else.
I can’t be sure but I think I can (almost) narrow down my issues to me doing something with the network.
I will resist the temptation to fiddle and leave my network alone and see if the problem returns.

I didn’t touch my network and the nova not responding to commands or front buttons to my mind points away from network? Mine also played music via the app, well one song as it did nit then respond to the app at all!

I was getting the screen funnies too, I powered down router, switch and Nova and repowered in that order, so far so good. I am getting random oddities with Tidal though like playing in shuffle when shuffle not selected and stopping after first track

I’ve had the same problem on my Nova since the upgrade.
Hold the standby button in for five seconds and then start up again.

Frozen on home screen this am… I can at least play the radio.

Same here for me on my uniti atom. Every time the unit turn it on the screen freezes. Only hard reset (power plug) helps. Super annoying firmware bug and hopefully fixed very soon.

As per my previous post, switched on from standby this morning and all OK.
Not touched anything on the network.
Too early to be convinced about my suspicions but looks OK today

Good luck ! Mine was fine yesterday…

I’ve tried everything I can think of now, including restarting the router. I can get the screen back for 10 mins or so on my Uniti Star after a hard reset but it just disappears after that. Looking at this thread it seems obvious that its the 3.2.0 firmware update that is to blame. It would be nice if someone from Naim would respond to this thread? Is anybody out there?

Naim support don’t generally monitor threads on the forum. Everyone’s network, setup and circumstances are different. You’re always best contacting them directly or else contacting your dealer.

Already contacted Naim support. I think that everyone who is having the same problem should also contact them so they become aware of the extent of the problem.

yes i raised a ticket this am…

Oh well, my theory about network activity has been blown out of the water. Switched on this morning and frozen screen.
Back to the drawing board.
Email sent to Uniti Support.

Early days but trying another experiment.
I have set the sleep timer to 10 mins and have let the Atom turn itself off via the timer not the remote or the front panel switch.
On restarting the Atom all functions work OK. I have tried this 3 times and each time it’s OK.
I’m not saying this is a fix but I will report back if I have any more info, good or bad.

Mine was frozen last night so power off reset and I’ve been working from home today and switching it on and if via the app, remote and front panel and it’s been fine…:thinking:
It seemed to freeze after being in standby for any lengthy time so will see in the morning

This rings a bell. :bellhop_bell:
I think you may have hit on something.

I seem to be immune to this and I put my unit in standby every night.

As a bit of an update, i had a long chat with my dealer this morning and he has had a couple of customer experience issues with the BT smarthub or homehub 6 causing issues with the nova leading to it locking up. Apparently there can be some issues with the way it routes traffic and handles wifi. He advised first of all to shutdown the entire network then restart slowly to allow time for IP addresses to get allocated and he is happy to lend me a netgear modem that can be configured to effectively sit inside the BT hub so i don’t have to reconfigure all my devices. would welcome your thoughts and to see if anyof you with locking up have a BT modem. poss @simon-in-suffolk would have a view on this take? as an experienced network fella

FYI, I don’t use BT anything. My Atom is connected to a 2960 switch / Linksys router and finally a Virgin (Netgear) router set up in modem mode connected to the outside world.
Haven’t tried my Atom today yet.
Have you had a reply from Naim yet?

Mine is on a Virgin router - no BT involvement. I haven’t managed to improve the situation at all and haven’t heard back from Naim support recently.