Unitiqute owner wondering where to go next?

I presume you are using the Chromecast with an optical cable rather than the included analogue jack connector?

Indeed I am. I’m not using it at present though because I needed the plug socket for my phono stage

If you are having difficulty getting wired ethernet from your router to the UQ, you may want to consider an optical fiber bridge in-between. The fiber cable can be a lot easier to run and hide under carpets, through walls etc.

Tell me more about this. You lost me at fibre optic bridge :joy:

Fibre is thinner that copper Ethernet, and it’s cheap. Most commonly available fibre has plugs that are probably a similar size to the RJ45 plug on a copper cable, so squeezing it through small holes is not necessarily easier. Also, you need a converter at each end to convert from Ethernet to fibre, and then back again. It’s perfectly do-able, but it you can manage to run regular Cat5e Ethernet cables, you’ll be fine.

Got it. Thanks Chris. I’m going to investigate the CAT cable and managing that around to the router. I’m sure I can find a wife friendly solution

yes, the NAP 100 allows fro RCA inputs as well as DIN

The Superuniti would be better, I just mentioned the Uniti2 as they are quite cheap second hand these days and will be closer to the Superuniti than the Qute2. It depends a bit on how good the second hand market is where you live, here in New Zealand, it is very limited.

The used market is great. Lots of option and if you miss one there’s another coming along fast enough :sunglasses:

Lots of good options then. A Superuniti, or even a SN2 and NDX.

The Superuniti is a great bargain these days you can pick one up for a very reasonable price. I have a Unitiqute2, have had a Superuniti, replaced with a Nova, but for VFM the Superunit just now is hard to beat, great piece of kit.

Totally agree yes, super value. I hadn’t realised they’d come down so much

If Naim include service and new screen for £350 that’s the direction I would take, the Qute will come back fresh as a daisy. Also the latest screens are less prone to failure but set the screen to turn off after 10 seconds.

As others have said bypass the NAP100.

Maybe change the speakers, I run Allaes from a naked Qute and this setup sounds superb.

I’ve booked in for the service. As you say probably a sensible choice right now and for the future. I’ll turn the screen off in future.

Unlikely to change the speakers as I bought them new. Funny as they were advised as easy to drive and when auditioned were the ones that stood out to me

2 Likes

I think you have made the right choice keeping the Qute and getting it serviced, it’s a little gem and a future classic.

1 Like

My local hifi seller will send my Qute to Focal next week.
I have to pay 460€ in advance to replace the screen.
I’m a little bit furious by this incredible price.

Otherwise I asked myself the same question, and the “natural” answer is : SUPERUNITI
today it’s a real bargain
no possible upgrade, no headache :wink:

Yes I’ve had the same dilemma this week but then you end up with a Qute you can’t sell?

I will keep it for a second system or maybe sell it after Focal replace the screen.
do not know for the moment

Fair enough. Not a bad idea

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.