Unitiserve 2Tb lan issue

Connect VGA monitor & keyboard to Unitiserve.
Switch unit on & press + hold Del key, this should enter the blue BIOS screen.
Select Standard CMOS Features (press return to select when highlighted).
Set the date & time using the arrow keys, numerical & return keys. Press Esc when done.
Use arrow & return keys to select Restore Naim Defaults.
Press Y key.
Press Esc. Then return key twice.

(I hope that’s right!)

Sounds much more complex than it is!
Any problems, give me shout.

Regards
Neil.

Thanks…
Ok. I’ll try.
It’s ok a usb keyboard? I don’t have a PS2 cable keyboard.

If it works it’s fine. If it doesn’t work, then that’s what eBay is for. They don’t cost much!
Best
David

A usb keyboar it’s work.
I reset to factory values.
The network parameters reappeared in the info screen, even if with a fixed IP at a value that I don’t recognize.
Unfortunately unitiserve does not go online yet and the lights on the lan connector remain red orange.
Thanks anyway for the support.
As soon as possible I will send it to repair

Would you not run the iptool again? If its showing values set it to DHCP and see how you get on.

If you connect a memory stick at the back, does it appear on the Naim app?
If yes you could use the unitserve like that, with some downloads stored on a memory stick.

Until being able to send to Naim factory.

I’ve already tried it, infortunally the Unitiserve don’t work on line…

i can use a memory stick on the back (and whith the naim dac too), but i need use a control pad wireless becouse a vga monitor it’s uncorforteble in to the system always

1 Like

Oh well. I think it costs like north of 300 quid to fix a unitiserve might be time to move on.

It may be that the sub net setting on the Unitiserve is different to your router sub net. You could check that and temporarily alter your router settings so that it will see the Unitiserve. Obviously reboot your PC too so it’s on the new settings. Now the Set IP tool should be able to see the Unitiserve and you can return it to DHCP. Then turn it all off, reset your router to its normal settings and turn everything else on again…

Best

David

This could be an “autoIP” if the Gateway & DNS fields are showing “not set”. Meaning that the network adapter cannot detect a valid network.
Is it something like 169.254.**.* ?

Regards
Neil.

It works … !!!
you are right.
In the end, after two reboots, the indicated host value is for a different subnet. I temporarily changed this value on the PC and using the Naim IP tool I reconfigured the defoult dhcp parameters. Unitiserve is now 100% online,
thank you all for your friendly support…
what I still do not explain about the reason why the network parameters disappeared after an access with ip tool? Was the service battery dead?

1 Like

That’s fantastic news. Yes I expect it just happened that the battery was on the edge when you decided to play with the IP tool!

Enjoy the music!

Best

David

Good news indeed!
Glad you got it sorted.

Regards
Neil.

Hi everyone, I have a new problem with my unitiserve 2TB and the dowload folder.
In this folder I recently copied about 100 GB of HD music (24/48, 24/96, 24/192). In the dowload folder I see all the files and can play them from the pc.
Unfortunately, I don’t see them all in the n-serve app, nor in the desktop client. I see some discs and some don’t. In addition, some discs that I was playing yesterday have disappeared today. I have done the library update several times and the network resource is regular and active
Thanks for you’re interest

PS: Unitiserve has been shut down for two weeks due to the failed naim power supply that I just replaced

The Unitiserve is quite slow when it comes to indexing new music files, especially if they are in a Hi-Res format. I suspect that you just need to give it time. If you copied any of these files before any of the problems you previously reported, or if it has been shut down, restarted etc. that might have slowed things down even more.
Also, have you checked that the metadata is intact, and is in a format that the Unitiserve can read? Some downloads have poor metadata which needs to be edited before a server can make sense of it.

Thanks Chris for the reply.
The metadata is ok, I checked and optimized it with Tag & Rename.
The tiles are all flac and come from HDtracks.
I also noticed that HD files are loaded into the library slower than 44/16 files but after 48 hours I still don’t see an HD flac disk.
I will wait again.
I will let you know

I had this problem many times with the Unitserve. Sometimes I was sending again the files into the Unitserve.
Sometimes I was restarting the serve and the app after . Generally it worked.

I used to find that my US sometimes took days to get round to finding new tracks in the downloads folder. One thing you can try is to tell the US to do a rescan using the option in the Windows DTC. (This would also be a nostalgia trip if you are not used to it though because the User Interface is very 20th Century in appearance and wouldn’t score highly in usability these days.)

Best

David

I understand where the problem lies. :slight_smile:

1. never edit the tags in the dowload folder because then unitiserve no longer recognizes the files and does not upload them with subsequent scans
  2. Copy the folders and subfolders with the tags already modified to the download folder

Now I have deleted all the files from the dowload folder, then I have copied them again (about 100 gb). Now they are visible and reproducible without problems after a few seconds from the next file scan
Thanks everyone for the advice