Unitiserve

You haven’t proven a thing about the rip, one way or the other. You’re listening to different hardware.

1 Like

Hi Neil, I have a 2TB UnitiServe which I have had for a while now and have been well-pleased with. As the hard disk it came with is getting quite old, I was considering replacing it with a 2 TB solid state drive (or 1 TB at a pinch) before it fails. Is this possible? I’ve had mixed reports about this, as my local dealer had tried for another customer but was unsuccessful. Thanks.

I think there was an earlier thread that covered this, within the last two or three months, and the answer was no.

Best

David

Hi fps1k,

Unfortunately not I’m afraid. There was no SSD variant of the Unitiserve that allowed music storage.
The operating system is on the main drive & there are specific requirements for the hardware & the way the embedded software is initialised.
I’ve seen various attempts to “home brew” these units outside of the factory & dealer networks - none are successful.
So I’d advise keeping regular backups & if it ain’t broke - don’t try to fix it!

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Thanks Neil. It definitely ain’t broke! Regards, John

Of cause it is possible to change the old HDD to a SSD by your own. You should be familar with disk cloning. That‘s all. Mine is working perfectly and is quiet and cooler.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.