Upgrade advice 52 or 552 or Radikal 1 Urika upgrade to Lp12

hi Dan! Yes, about that, out of curiosity:

I would like to keep understanding your profile, I noticed the room 2, could you perhaps elaborate some more on how you use both systems?

Good to see you pursuing new adventures for the 500-level, this is way above my head but looks like you get all the advice and support for it, great.

1 Like

Hi @daddycool,

I have a speaker and amp switch which connects AV amp and my 135s. Itā€™s Beresford TC7220 MkII. 2 sets of speakers and 2 sets of amps are connected to it.

Effectively I can press a switch and listen to my main system on an alternate set of speakers in the consevatory which travels to garden. So I can switch between listening room and conservatory. Itā€™s a clever piece of kit and is not powered. It has no effect on sound quality.

It also enables me to switch between my AV amp and main system to watch TV using my Sopra 2s.

Iā€™m running alot of speaker cable and have been using this set up for about 7 years or so.

1 Like

500DR purchased. Bargain price.

9 Likes

Evening Dan, was it you at the auction?

2 Likes

It sure was.

Thatā€™s great, thought about it for a while but another time.

2 Likes

I was surprised what I got it for. Thought it might go upto Ā£7000.

Great price ! Check with Naim,so upgrade service is correctā€¦

Ā£6000 bargin. Prices sure have fallen loads.

1 Like

I listened to you Dunc and maybe I owe you a pint ot two for the advice bud.

1 Like

Itā€™s a big dealer. If there are any problems they will just refund me.

1 Like

Perfect :+1:,sometimes the DR stick is lostā€¦

Itā€™s much better buy than the non dr one you were looking at, plus a Ā£6k 500dr. What does that make the 500 non dr worth these days.
Also, what trade in are you going to get from dealers, must be bad, but great if you are buying.

3 Likes

I have bought from them many times before and so have loads of guys on here. High turnover gear, offering to take anything on to make sales means they can do it this way.

I listened to you Dunc. I made the deal. Now will sell stuff on my way. Even if I donā€™t get much for 135s, CDS2 and XPS2. I wonā€™t be paying out much for upgrade.

2 Likes

You have done the right thing, dont worry.

1 Like

These are auction prices. Thereā€™s non DR on auction now. Glad I got DR.

Just selling stuff at the moment isnā€™t good, but then this 500dr would have been loads more just a year ago, or even less.

1 Like

Exactly. I am prepared to take a hit on other gear. As far as I am concerned 500DR should be big upgrade over 135s. Itā€™s the cost to upgrade rather than what you loose on selling old stuff.

Itā€™s a good purchase.

There was a 500 DR recently, but didnā€™t have the DR stickersā€¦

1 Like