Upgrade from SN2?

Heresy alert.

Other manufacturers make amps. If you want to upgrade SN2 and don’t want to go separates take the Naim blinkers off.

1 Like

Oops 10 mins too late!

1 Like

Thanks for your wise words :wink:

When I was looking to upgrade my SN2, as I thought my Focal Electra 1038Be large floor standing speakers would benefit from more power, I demoed a Hegel H590, Mark Levinson 5805 and Krell K-300i, the Krell being my primary choice based on professional reviews before the demo’s.
However, although all these amps were more powerful than a SN3, the SN3 was just so much more musical and enjoyable to listen to during extensive demo’s, especially against the Krell, so I got the SN3, my speakers are 93db sensivitity so the SN3 easily drives them and it sounds fantastic especially with the HiCap DR on it.

9 Likes

So impressive from that modest looking Naim amp

1 Like

I too have a SN3 with a HiCap DR and have no desire to upgrade it. It just does everything so right, in a more modern Naim sound sort of way…maybe it was the spark for the Newer Classic series…:wink:

9 Likes

But what a delight the SN3 is! SN2 was already great, but I reckon SN3 beats several more expensive separated pre and power combo’s from competitors. What a sound, fun ,punch, detail and refinement. Now I only need more “me time” for more listening sessions :).

8 Likes

Enjoy!

1 Like

I just went through this myself. Had SN2 with HiCap DR. Skipped over the SN3 into the pre-loved separates market. Scored great deals on 282, 250DR and SuperCap DR and I can tell you for certain the sound quality of my favorite music is at such a higher level than my starting point, not even close. Yes I was pushing the envelope of my finances, but once in hand, worth every dollar and it’s here to stay for years of daily enjoyment.

3 Likes

Cool! Big step but super if it pays out in extra enjoyment.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.