Vinyl madness. How many £'s have you parted with?

I’ve just successfully spent £115 on a supposedly “new” 2012 released album… This is the most I’ve spent on a record… I am in good company? What’s the most you’ve spent on a record?

1 Like

I think I spent £5 on a couple of 80s 12”s a year or so before Covid. That aside, the last vinyl I bought was in 1990. So, ‘not much’, I think is my answer.

Now, if you were to ask how much I’d spent on limited edition film soundtrack CDs in the last five years, that’d be a totally different question…

Mark

4 Likes

Can’t remember but the Kind of Blue re-release.

5 Likes

Nice to treat your self👍

2 Likes

I could be tempted too…

1 Like

The list price for a new album or a discounted price for one in a sale is the most I would entertain spending.
The few secondhand albums I have bought have been between £5 and £10 I would guess. There are a couple of albums that I lent out many years ago and never got back that I would like again but I refuse to pay stupid amounts for them.

1 Like

Great Artist. Are you intended on playing it, or keeping it mint?

1 Like

Mine is to play!

1 Like

About £70 for the recent Japanese press of Archie Shepp - True Ballads. Most i’ve spent on a 7 is £36 for a 1975 Island press of Jacob Miller - Baby I Love You So/Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown.

1 Like

£110 for NOVA TWINS LP
WHO ARE THESE GIRLS,
Signed copy only 500 pressed,

2 Likes

£55 each only 1000 pressed of each,
Also I have never played them, :rofl:

7 Likes

I love my LPs (they are not called vinyl) and have done so since buying my first sometime in the 1970s they are my main listening source but I will not spend more than £20-30 on a single album.

3 Likes

I’ve a limit of around $70/£35 for new and have pretty much stopped buying used due to too many disappointments. For new, I’m now avoiding coloured as well and only going black, for quality reasons.

2 Likes

There’s no LP I want badly enough to pay exorbitant money for. CD makes expensive vinyl redundant imo, streaming more so. £30 or so is my ceiling for new vinyl, £15 or so for s/h. S/h bargains are the most fun.

1 Like

Think I paid £280 for this about 8 years ago.

2 Likes

Black is a colour too. Native vinyl without any dye is clear.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve just found that ones that aren’t black seem to have more issues with surface noise than the black ones, for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Black is usually dark blue.

I am becoming very selective with my vinyl purchases these days as prices are just getting too high; £30+ for single albums is just too much when I can have the CD for less that half that price. However, I did pay £70 for Deus Arrakis by Klaus Schulze for the limited edition vinyl boxed set but this was a one-off and it is now worth £300+ I think.

4 Likes

Tens of thousands, but my wife must never find out!!

4 Likes