Vinyl Reissues - Sorting the Wheat From the Chaff (contd.)

Does anybody know if the Pure Pleasure reissue of the Canned Heat albums are any good

@SteveC – Only heard the Boogie ith Canned Heat, which was done by Sean Magee - it is excellent.

1 Like

Cheers Kev. Will have to try and find a copy.

Boogie is the only one I have and I agree with the Kevster.

2 Likes

@CliveB @TheKevster looks like I can pick up the pure pleasure one for about the same price as a uk first press. And a lot less risk

1 Like

I can also concur with @CliveB and @TheKevster
Also Hooker n Heat is very good and The London Howlin Wolf Sessions (it’s not Canned Heat though)
In fact everything I’ve ever bought Pure Pleasure or Speakers Corner have been good, dont recall ever getting a duffer
:heart:

2 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols - Yep everything I own from Pure Pleasure and Speakers Corner (they are affiliated) has been great!

2 Likes

Any idea who mastered the SC Transformer?

@Dreadatthecontrols It was Willem Makkee at the Emile Berliner Studios - he’s done quite a few SCs.

1 Like

Yes - all my PP and SC purchase have been excellent. I have wondered about Hooker n Heat, but did recently buy the Fleetwood Mac in Chicago which is excellent. The other blues/jazz related issue (maybe New Orleans hoodoo?) I have is Dr John’s Gris Gris - I had one of those Scorpio releases and the CD and the PP/SC release is like a different recording.

2 Likes

Ordered the pure pleasure Boogie With Canned Heat should be here Thursday

2 Likes

Rev Gary Davies At Newport & Blues Jam At Chess are a couple of others that spring to mind

Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Blues Jam at Chess and Fleetwood Mac in Chicago are one and the same! My fault for having a slipshod memory.

1 Like

I didnt know that, enjoy

Thanks to all here and especially Kevster for the tips on PP and Speakers Corner. I’ve taken a dip and spent £125 very quickly. All Speakers Corner though.
Brahms 1, Szell/Cleveland
Beethoven 9, Solti/Chicago
Carly Simon, No Secrets
Little Feat, Time loves a hero

Will report back !

4 Likes

The Carly Simon is excellent.

2 Likes

Be very interested to hear what you think of the Little Feat. I could be tempted by that one.

‘troll

You’re right Richard. Sounds great, dead flat, no ticks, pops, scratches or surface noise. Side 1 at least!

1 Like

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good reissue of this? I should add, other than the MoFi arm, leg and kidney item of course…

2 Likes