Vinyl releases on pre order

I am guessing this Tone Poet John Coltrane Blue Train will be stereo.
The MMJ was mono. That way Joe could still say he’s not repeating MMJ stuff.
Could be wrong though!

1 Like

It does seem to be going back on their own words a little so as you say a stereo mix could be on the cards and also Tone Poets where supposed to be the more obscure lesser known titles but I suppose you cannot begrudge them a bumper payday which Blue Train will surely be.

As I’ve found out it’s almost impossible to get a decent copy either a Classic, AP or Music Matters for under a £150 so a £32 Tone Poet will be a great seller if they produce enough copies.

Edit: I’ve just rewatched the video again and Jo uses the word special more than once so I’m guessing it won’t be a standard £32 TP.

I thought the Jazz at 33 and a 1/3 reissue wasn’t bad at all. In fact, rather good. Of course, I’d expect a TP reissue to be a lot better…

I agree Richard I actually bought it on based on your posts about the Jazz at 33rpm and for the money I paid for a sealed copy with the magazine it was a real bargain much better than the BN75 copy I had.

1 Like

Watching the video again it seems that this Blue Train will not be a standard TP but something akin to the recent Ornette Coleman perhaps a multi disc box set.

Hmm. That could be interesting. I thought Blue Train was the only album John Coltrane did on Blue note as a leader. I wonder what else would comprise a box set?

Good point :+1:

1 Like

Anyone thinking of pre ordering this and if so from where?

Graham

Abbey road from 15th April The Police half speed remaster 30th Anniversary

and two from Diverse - Jack White is now on the way

T Rex & Roxy Music to come

3 Likes

Limited remaster release of Sleepwalkers!

Looking forward to this one…

1 Like

You could order it from Acoustic Sounds in the US, be aware of the postage costs though. Have this on order myself from them. Still cheaper than a UK company I saw it on.
Got the UHQR miles Kind of Blue direct from the miles Davies official site,$100 plus reasonable postage and no tax, so always worth checking out official artist sites.

This UHQR is not listed on the Hendrix official site however….

Could not find anything about this online, but this just popped up as a pre order in a German store and I snatched it immediately. Here is hoping it is the same as the unobtainable limited edition of a few years back. Should arrive in a couple of weeks. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay - 2x45 - Org Music - Bernie Grundman

4 Likes

Sharon Van Etten ‘We’ve Been Going About This All Wrong’ signed.

Kurt Vile ‘Watch My Moves’

Are you sure it will be released soon ? Because the same album by MOFI on 45 pm was released in 2014. I see 5 at Discogs, around 150 dollars.
I read that sometimes, with a pre order, you can wait more than one year.

Not sure, hoping!

I have seen it on pre order at a couple of respected sites now. Available end of April. Also, Straight Life (33) will be available again. Not my nr 1 choice, but pre ordered it as well.

1 Like

Hi ChifChaf thanks for your reply regarding AYE have you ordered this from Acoustic Sounds and if so do you know when it will be shipped and how much shipping to UK is going to cost, also will you have to pay custom charges?

I have placed an order with a £20 deposit with a local record store but have no idea when I will receive it, the end of April has been suggested.

Graham.

You will definitely be liable to at least VAT on an order from the US, customs charges are dependent on value, I think. All reputable US companies will fill in a customs declaration form stating contents and value. However, it is a lottery whether you will get charged. In my experience the large logistics companies like UPS are more likely to impose the charges. And if the originating company uses the US Postal Service it gets handled here by Royal Mail and there’s more chance then of avoiding charges. If you do get charged, you will also have to pay UPS or Royal Mail for the privilege of administering the taxes on your behalf. On cheaper items the VAT can be less than the admin costs.

Good news then :+1:. I will certainly buy when it will appear.

1 Like