Vinyl releases on pre order

**[The Bad Plus]

Reid Anderson Bass

Dave King Drums

Ben Monder Guitar

Chris Speed Tenor Saxophone, Clarinet

I pre ordered the hires album. But the lp is on pre order too.

1 Like

It isn’t available for pre order yet but the mini-album that came as a Rough Trade exclusive when buying a copy of Willy Vlautin’s novel The Night Always Comes is being prepared for a vinyl release some time next year. I was at The Delines gig in Hove earlier this week and that came straight from the horse’s mouth, Willy himself. He said it was kind of hard to get a hold of at the moment, why they can’t stick it up as a digital album on their Bandcamp page in the meantime is anybody’s guess.

1 Like

Snarky Puppy - Empire Central, out on September 30th on Triple vinyl.

Charles Lloyd Trios - Sacred Thread, Blue Note (2022)

The final part of Charle’s Trio of Trio recordings and the one I’m most looking forward to with Zakir Hussain all three records feature guitarists this one features Julian Lage.

All three are available together in a boxset but only in the U.S for some reason if the second two are anywhere near as good as the first one Chapel then we are all in for a real treat.

2 Likes

Mary Lou Williams Trio - Free Spirit, Steeplechase (2022)

So pleased this has been reissued I’ve been after it for a while but previous releases do sell for quite a bit these days. It’s going to be an expensive end to the year.

4 Likes

Pee Wee Russell & Coleman Hawkins - Jazz Reunion, Candid. (2022)

Another Bernie Grundman remaster from the Candid back catalogue.

2 Likes

Connie Han - Secrets Of Inanna, Mack Avenue (2022)

2 Likes

Benny Carter - Jazz giant, Contemporary/Craft (2022)

Another Acoustic Sounds/Craft reissue out in December.

4 Likes

Wayne Shorter - Live at the Detroit Jazz Festival, Candid. (2022)

As I said a very expensive end to the year.

6 Likes

Pre ordered, thanks :+1:

3 Likes

At long last the remix of the Floyds ‘Animals’ deluxe edition, seems so far way before delivery though!!

1 Like

Chip Wickham - Cloud 10, Gondwana Records (2022)

One of the original members of Mathew Halsall’s Gondwana Orchestra now back on Gondwana Records.

31I6K8jfzqL.AC_SX679

1 Like

@frenchrooster , I just bought Straight Life with Org directly of their Discogs account and asked them if they are repressing Red Clay 2x45 anytime in the future. They very openly responded their license for Red Clay ran out and they have no plans to repress.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Rex. Hopefully I have the original in NM condition, so I can easily live with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have a mono pressing of this. Although it is a foldown of the stereo mix it was released in mono. The cover at the back has a hole that shows a red or blue inner sleeve dependent on whether mono or stereo.

2 Likes

Ronnie Foster’s new album. Out just last week!

1 Like

Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari - Grounation (Soul Jazz)

Looking forward to this 50th Anniversary re issue of this truly legendary recording of Count Ossie’s Grounation.

The official description below references Reggae throughout, however this music transcends the genre and is more a melding of true Rastafarian spirituality, African roots, poetry and free Jazz.

Due in September

Definitive 50th anniversary release of this seminal album!

Like Sun Ra’s Arkestra and John Coltrane are to jazz, the Mystic Revelation of Rastafari are to reggae - the ultimate expression of roots music and Rastafarian ideology in reggae music, music functioning at a high level of spiritual consciousness combined with an equally avant-garde and forward-looking approach to sound.

The group’s stunning, unique and groundbreaking 1972 album ‘Grounation’, a mighty conceptual triple-album (the first ever reggae triple!) is, similar to Marvin Gaye’s ‘What’s Goin’ On’, a definitive all-encompassing cultural statement of its time and place. A sprawling album of raw and unique cultural expression that combined Rastafari consciousness with deep spiritual jazz music - an absolute and essential classic of Reggae music.

The Mystic Revelation of Rastafari group came into existence at the start of 1970s, the union of two artists of equal repute – Count Ossie and his African Drums and saxophonist Cedric ‘Im’ Brooks’ and his group, The Mystics. Both Ossie and Brooks were alumni from the great Studio One Records.

Master drummer Count Ossie and his collective of Rastafarian drummers performed for Haile Selassie on his momentous visit to Jamaica in 1966. Cedric Brooks came out of the Alpha Boys School – the fertile breeding ground of musicians who dominated the Jamaican music scene from the 1960s onwards; Tommy McCook, Don Drummond, Johnny Moore, Headley Bennett, Johnny Osbourne, Yellowman, Leroy Smart, Bobby Ellis, Joe Harriott, Eddie Thornton, Vin Gordon, Rico Rodriguez, Owen Gray, Leroy ‘Horsemouth’ Wallace and more.

The Mystic Revelation of Rastafari’s ‘Grounation’ is a massive opus, a work of profound musical genius that tells the story of Jamaica through music and words. The album is a cornerstone in the history of reggae, a unique and other-worldly album the like of which has never been made since.

:heart:

3 Likes

Thee Sacred Souls - Thee Sacred Souls, Daptone Records (2022)

If you like early Durand Jones you will really enjoy this slice of sun drenched Latino infused Soul Music. Could be a contender for my LP of the year.

1 Like

I certainly like the 4 tracks of this that’s available on Qobuz. I’ll buy the lp.

1 Like

Lee Fields, Charles Bradley, Sharon Jones and the Dab Kings, Durand Jones….Thee Sacred Soul……is enjoyable music. But I don’t know why, I can’t be totally involved like with the 60’s and 70’s groups they tend to imitate. It’s not Aretha, the Temptations, Undisputed truth, James Brown…Otis Redding. They lack some originality against them. Of course it’s just my opinion.