Vinyl releases on pre order

Make sure they’re green vinyl(!)

1 Like

Things have been pretty quiet on the British Jazz Explosion front. We had a nice double album of tracks promising some exciting releases in the series, then the first handful of releases appeared, then nothing for the best part of a year. I wonder whether @TheKevster has any clues as to what’s happening…

Some activity is pencilled in before Xmas, @Richard.Dane, but I’ve no idea what the releases will be – although I have heard rumours there will be some Harriotts – apparently there have been some rights issues to solve, as well as the usual vinyl logjams…

Thanks for the update Kev.

A mere USD 150

1 Like

Good news. I’ve had this on pre-order for a while now and was beginning to wonder whether it would ever even happen.

2 Likes

I don’t know Richard. If it would have been released together with the 33, I would have gone for this 45, regardless the high price. Being underwhelmed by the quality of my copy of the 33 (not the sound, but the qc), I will now pass on this 45.

But good news indeed for those waiting for it!

Gil Scot Heron - Pieces of A Man, Flying Dutchman (2022)

Thank @Blackstar for the heads up I just pre ordered it from Ace Records.

‘The album reached its landmark 50th year in 2021 and we decided that we would create this special edition to celebrate its incredible sound. The original master tape was taken to Frank Merritt at The Carvery in London, who cut it as a double disc 2 x 45 RPM record, in an all-analogue chain. The original record - especially side two - was long, and serving it up this way allowed the music a greater level of fidelity.’
From Ace Records website.

10 Likes

One of my faves.

Will you get the remaster?

Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band - Dear Scott Limited Edition.
Blue Vinyl LP & Exclusive Signed Postcard [Only 50 Copies Available] released 23 September.

Dear Scott refers to novelist, F. Scott Fitzgerald, whose debt-ridden, down-and-out years captured the imagination of Head, specifically a postcard Fitzgerald addressed to himself upon checking in at Hollywood’s infamous Golden Age retreat, The Garden Of Allah Hotel. Head explains: “A decade after being the king of the jazz age, Fitzgerald arrived unfashionable and sober, ready to conquer Hollywood. His agent with a sense of humour booked him into The Garden Of Allah, where writers, movie stars and even Stravinsky sometimes lived. He famously picked up a postcard on checking in and addressed it to himself.” From The Sound of Vinyl website

2 Likes

Yep- price doesn’t look to excessive which was a pleasant surprise.
Thanks for the heads up
Jonathan

Just pre-ordered this one myself - thanks for the tip off.

1 Like

Cheers @Blackstar – ordered!

5 Likes

Fingers crossed it’ll be a good’un!
I’m sure it will be.

2 Likes

For those who are waiting, Chad Chassem responds in that video :

Hmmm…I may have to get this (who am I kidding, I will have to get this!)

1 Like

Me to, just ordered.

1 Like

I hope so too

This is the blurb

The original master tape was taken to Frank Merritt at The Carvery in London, who cut it as a double disc 2 x 45 RPM record, in an all-analogue chain

Im not familiar with Frank Merrit or The Carvery, anyone?

2 Likes

Oh, just to add that I used to buy lots of great music from Ace back in the day but they must have gone off my radar, I didnt know they were still active so Doubleplusgood!