Vinyl releases on pre order

I have a couple of WABB releases @Dreadatthecontrols - don’t know about the Nucleus ones, but the two I have (both South African jazz from the late '60s and early '70s) sound excellent.

1 Like

Thanks, there quite pricey but I guess there imports :+1:

Canadian IIRC.

1 Like

Bobby Hutcherson - Stick-Up, BN Tone Poets (2022)

Latest Tone Poet release the other one released along with this is a Harold Vick (thanks ) title that features Big John Patton playing the Jazz organ I just have an aversion too though others may enjoy it.

3 Likes

‘Howard’ Vick?

Why not be helpful and correct my typing error rather ask a question you know the answer to?

Thanks Bob - have just pre-ordered this one.

And Lewis Armstrong :grin:

When Rivers Meet using Crowd Funding Preorders to fund there next album.
I respect the decision these guys made earlier this year to decline a record deal, in order to retain 100% control of their creative output.
Last two albums funded the same way and both superb. Great blues rock combo that are well worth a listen.

Horace Andy’s recent collaboration with Adrian Sherwood on Midnight Rocker seemed a promising prospect but disappointingly in my view didnt deliver…

Maybe the inevitable Dub version Midnight Scorchers (hopefully not just re heated) will be better…

:heart:

Charles Mingus - A Modern Jazz Symposium Of Music And Poetry, New Land (2022)

Another reissue from New Land perhaps @TheKevster has heard this one. A bit pricey on Amazon at £40 not out until late October so time enough to source a better value option.

2 Likes

Yes, I thought Midnight Rockers was good but not the classic I had hoped for. I’ll be interested to hear what you make of the dub version.

1 Like

It sounds lovely @Bobthebuilder

1 Like

Problem with Midnight Rocker for me is its just reheating songs from his time with Massive Attack or early Studio One label, not doing anything to really add or improve over the originals

1 Like

Masaru Imada Trio Plus 1 - Planets, BBE (2022)

Another excellent reissue from BBE this excellent record completely unknown to me until now was a self pressing back in 1977 and is now exceptionally rare.

1 Like

I have just ordered LPs of ‘Moving Waves’ by Focus, and the follow up "Focus 3’.

The blurb reports that ‘Moving Waves’ is a 180gm pressing, with no such claim for the later album. We shall see.

The LPs will bring memories of sneaking out of boarding school in Edinburgh more years ago than I care to confess here to see Focus ‘live’ at the Usher Hall.

1 Like

The Revolver Mono LP in the new box set will be 100% AAA, according to this chap…

3 Likes

Love a bit of yodelling! We used to crack up to that back when we were wippersnappers, a few years back I revisited it with the Music On Vinyl pressing, is that the one your referring too?

Some interesting and worthwile forthcoming titles from Candid, confusing pre order release dates though as a few have already been out

Both copies the complete Stereo and Mono versions arriving today. Very happy.

8 Likes