Vinyl releases on pre order

2nd of the December Tone Poets and destined for many a Christmas present,

Blue Mitchell - Bring it On Home To Me, BN/TP (2022)

As a pairing for me the best set of Tone Poets so far are due out 02/12 this beautifully soulful Jazz recording featuring the excellent Junior Cook on tenor was ripe for Tone Poet to release cant wait.

3 Likes

Harry Beckett - Flare Up, Decca (2022)

British Jazz Explosion, remastered at Gearbox and pressed at Optimal

I know this will be popular with many jazz fans here on the forum but straight off the bat Harry’s debut is a little to busy for me but that’s not to say it won’t grow on me as I’ve just heard it twice and music especially jazz doesn’t always resonate straight away but because it’s previously so rare and is only being pressed in limited numbers I’ve purchased it anyway plus the ballad on side 2 is beautiful.

2 Likes

Same here, love this album.

Thanks Bob, just preordered.

Tales of the Algonquin - John Surman & John Warren, Decca (2022)

Another British Jazz Explosion release on Decca interesting and no doubt popular but December will be an expensive month for me vinyl wise so I might wait for a discounted copy next year.

1 Like

Mel Brown - Chicken Fat, Impulse (Verve On Request Series) (2022)

Another incredibly good title set for release on the Verve on Request Series though again not available for pre order in the UK yet

1 Like

10% of these Bernie Grundman Candid Pre Orders on Amazon now £21.99 inc postage.

4 Likes

That Booker Little album is class. I bought it a couple of years back. Had to import it from Japan.

2 Likes

Phoenix-Alpha Zulu

Absolutely! Been enjoying the HR stream, looking forward to the BG vinyl remaster :+1:

Alice Coltrane - Ptah the El Daoud, Impulse (Verve by Request) (2022)

Now available for Pre Order in the UK I got mine from Amazon

2 Likes

Vince Guaraldi Trio - Jazz Impressions Of Black Orpheus, Fantasy/Craft (2022)

This is also being released as a part of Crafts Small Batch series but this 3 LP Box Set all presssd at RTI looks like the one to go for. The original LP reissue is AAA remastered by Kevin Gray whilst the bonus material was transferred from the original analog tapes by Plangent Processes and remastered by engineer Paul Blakemore.

For those of you who don’t know The Plangent Process is an Analogue to Digital technology designed by engineer Jamie Howarth that employs a custom wideband tape head, preamp and DSP package to capture and track the original tape recorder’s ultrasonic bias remnant. The Plangent Process removes the wow, flutter and FM/IM distortion from the recorded audio.

I don’t have any records that I know of pressed using The Plangent Process so cannot comment on it but along with the AAA KG cut of the original it’s should make for an interesting addirion.

3 Likes

Vibronics Meets Mafia & Fluxy in Brixton, Scoops Records (2022)

The promotional material describes this as an 8 track all analogue mixed LP and looks well worth the £17 asking price.

Mansur Brown - Naqi Vol 1 & 2, Amai Records (2022)

Combining Mansur’s last 2 EP’s previously released only on digital downloads.

Super talented young guitarist from London his style and music is always quite eclectic but generally comes under the UK Jazz banner.

1 Like

Been enjoying Binker And Moses Village Of The Sun collaborations which have been slowly trickling out as pre release digital singles. Now the physical album is coming soon, due November from Gearbox Records, check Bandcamp

Village Of The Sun is an enigmatic collaboration between UK jazz virtuosos Binker Golding & Moses Boyd and electronic music legend Simon Ratcliffe of Basement Jaxx fame.

Born out of a shared passion for improvised instrumental music, the new project sees all three of the artists steps into relatively new territory, combining their respective sensibilities to create something all at once atmospheric and danceable.
:heart:

1 Like

@Bobthebuilder, can I ask do you live in a warehouse to accommodate your vinyl? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Unfortunately not @carruthersesq just a two up two down I’m afraid but whilst I’m relatively young (52) and still able to earn a few bob my aim is to squeeze as many records as I can inside it so that when I eventually do retire I’ll have a cracking time listen to and cataloging them all. Or alternatively burn them to keep warm.

5 Likes

Good man, enjoy.

Oh, good age, you’re the same vintage as me.

I’m sure one of us would offer to underwrite your future heating bills if you hand over the vinyl!

1 Like

Other outlets are available, and cheaper