Vinyl releases on pre order

Gil Scott Heron - Pieces of a Man, Flying Dutcman (2022)

I ordered this back in August from Ace records but incase some of you wanted to order it it’s now available for pre order on Amazon AAA Analogue 2 Disc 50th Anniversary set due out in about 3 weeks.

11 Likes

Leah Weller - Freedom, Piccadilly Records (2022)

The daughter of Paul Weller and DC Lee releases her solo record produced by Steve Craddock. As with a lot of my posts on this thread they are just for the interest and information of others and not always my purchases. I’ve heard the title track and Leah has a really nice singing voice but I’ll probably just stream it rather than buy it.

If I do buy a record myself it will always be posted in The Last Vinyl I bought thread.

1 Like

Only two tracks are available on Tidal at the moment. I’ll give them a listen though :slightly_smiling_face:

Other outlets are available

Alice Coltrane - Ptah the El Daoud , Verve Records (Verve By Request Series) (2022)

Back to what is important the music.

At last an official vinyl reissue of this excellent record although it’s pressed by the well respected Third Man in Detroit I’m not sure of the source though I believe Verve by Request was a CD series so perhaps that’s a clue as the original tapes where rumoured though not confirmed to have been lost in the fire.

It will though no doubt be an improvement on my current non official copy. I haven’t found it for sale in the U.K yet but managed to order a copy on Amazon USA for $44 including postage and taxes.

3 Likes

Roy Brooks - Beat, Verve (2022)

Also on the Verve by Request Series and also pressed at Third Man the excellent Roy Brooks recording Beat featuring Blue Mitchell amongst others. Originally released in 1963 on Motown Record’s Jazz off shoot label Jazz Workshop.

I’ll probably wait until this is available in the UK before ordering but it is available on Amazon U.S and a couple of European sites I believe.

R-3800615-1344937246-1669

My old original is staying firmly put, but it is good to see Ptah getting a re-release. It’s a wonderful album.
Wish they’d not brightened the cover colours up to 11 tho…

You’re very lucky stevie I think we’ve discussed this record before I couldn’t hope to find a VG+ or even a VG copy for less than a few hundred so this is a real winner for me.

A little more investigation reveals that there will be more titles in this Verve series and states they are sourced from the original tapes though if that’s the case why Chad Kassam didn’t get his hands on them for his Acoustic Sounds Impulse series is strange regardless I’m happy to have it either way.

2 Likes

Have a pre-order for this one (with my local record shop):

2 Likes

Who is it?

The Cure.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this reissue will be good/ great, Third Man being involved is a good sign I think. Bet you love it! It’s such a great album, I’m tempted myself to buy the reissue just to see!

1 Like

Not a folkie but I find The Unthanks very beguiling.

2 Likes

So excited, thanks for sharing, will try to get a copy of this reissue as well

Amazon US plus a couple of European sites though no UK site as yet due for release in November.

Being located in Germany I just placed an order with iMusic from Sweden, did not find a German store that has this on pre order.
Delivery cost to a local pickup store seemed quite reasonable.

Whats the source of your information please Bob?

The information I looked up (Elusive Disc and others) states Transferred from Analog Tapes which is suitably vague to mean almost anything.

Hopefully it will be better than the bootleg Audio Clarity re issue thats currently in circulation

A very exciting release from Craft Recordings. Hopefully I can replace the really beat-up US copy I have.

2 Likes

Nick Waters - Ranakpur

Nick Walters limited edition of just 150 10". EP featuring a selection of two ragas recorded in collaboration with the Pakistani musicians Kashif Ali Dhani (tabla) and Muzamil Hussain (sarod).

Two big Tone Poets scheduled for December.

Art Pepper/Chet Baker - Picture of Health, Pacific Jazz/Tone Poet (2022)

At last another Chet TP release his fantastic 1956 date with Art Pepper also featuring the excellent Carl Perkins and Phill Urso originally released as Playboys in 1957 and reissued 1961 after Chet and Art and perhaps played a little too much as Picture of Health.

I have the Pure Pleasure release but can’t resist a Tone Poet version no doubt the will press a few more copies than they did of the now super rare Chet Baker Sings.

1 Like