Vinyl releases on pre order

@BlueCanary – it’s partially down to licensing. A reissue label is only given a temporary licence by the copyright owner and under the terms of that agreement will be allowed to manufacture only a certain number of units.

Also, while CDs are cheap and relatively easy to produce these days, vinyl records are not (in fact they get more expensive to make by the month), and for any business, it makes no sense to tie up cash in expensive stock, so producing small runs that sell out quickly is more sustainable for small labels than larger runs that might take a long time to sell out (I have found this out to my cost!)

3 Likes

Duke Ellington - Duke Ellington Presents… , Bethlehem/BMG (2023)

1 Like

Count Ossie & the Mystic Revelation of Rastafari - Tales of Mozambique, Soul Jazz (2023)

Available on Amazon for just £13.24.

4 Likes

BROTHER CULTURE - 40 Years Anniversary Collection, Diggers Factory (2023)

61FW14yJGdL.AC_SX679

1 Like

Eddie ‘Lockjaw’ Davis & Shirley Scott - Cookin’ With Jaws And The Queen: The Legendary Prestige Cookbook Albums, Prestige/Craft Recordings (2023)

Remastered by BG and pressed at RTI this looks like it will be a beautiful set but at £150 a little bit rich for me maybe a used copy will surface for a more reasonable price.

Thanks for highlighting this release, not someone I am familiar with, but certainly worth buying for a try.

I’ve a Soul Jazz Reggae release and it sounds excellent and for £13 it’s a bargain.

1 Like

I’ve been buying a few Afrobeat artists recently, so keen to try some new artists and as you note, at this price, not much to lose.

As some members insist on promoting Amazon, which is a business, I dont think its unreasonable to promote other businesses that sell records.
Happy New Year
:heart:

1 Like

Would seem to apply to Amazon too, Dread, apart from your intense dislike of them…
We all buy from a range of retailers, online and off - so :person_shrugging:

Personally, 'm happy when posters give me information where stuff can be found, be it Amazon, Rough Trade, Juno or wherever. If I don’t favour a particular business, I don’t buy from em. Simple.

5 Likes

this looks very promising release date 20th Jan - 4 x 200 GRM 45 RPM vinyl at the price it had better be good!! report to follow

2 Likes

Likewise. In the case of Amazon I have strong ethical feelings about buying physical products especially records from them. You might be interested to search out the TUC report into the treatment of its workers.
Anyway my main point was if there is a lot of promotion of Amazon here why should anyone need to feel the need to ask permission to promote other sources, thats all.
Happy New Year Stevie
:heart:

1 Like

De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising. On Rough Trade exclusive green vinyl.

6 Likes

A happy and peaceful 2023 to you too, Dread.

1 Like

Riverside ID.Entity white vinyl. Released on january 20th 2023.

2 Likes

Everything But The Girl - Fuse. Rough Trade exclusive on green 180 Gram Vinyl. Hi-Fidelity Half-Speed Mastering; Sleeve with 300x600mm Poster Booklet; Printed Inner.

EBTG-FUSE-Ltd-trans_1_6970f215

4 Likes

Yes, can’t wait for this. Too long since anything new from Ben and Tracey.

2 Likes

Agree, but her last solo record was a gem though.

1 Like

I just ordered this from sound of vinyl and says the print is signed ? Not sure it is on all releases or if these guys have a special lot.

Rough Trade had 500 signed copies on green vinyl, with Rough Trade exclusive sleeve and a signed artwork wallet as well.