Vinyl releases on pre order

Chet Baker Trio - Mr B, Timeless/MOV. (2023)

I do have the original of this but this release has 2 extra tracks not included on the original ‘White Blues’ and ‘Father Xmas’. It’s the third time Mr B has been reissued in the past few years there are Tidal and Vinyl Me Please releases that both contain the extra tracks too.

2 Likes

Chet Plays and Sings with Strings - PJ/Tone Poet. (2023)

Another TP to look forward too. I saw an interview with Joe Harley and KG who both said that Blue Note’s head archivist is a huge Chet Baker fan so let’s hope he digs a few more out.

Go this on Pre from What Records for £29.99 plus p&p

1 Like

Should be coming any day now.

I love this album. Thanks to 6 music for making me aware of its existence :heart_eyes::speaker::radio:

2 Likes

Interesting upcoming release for Eva Cassidy fans in early March.
Eva’s vocal has been isolated from previous recordings and multitracked with Orchestra backing. Could be a wonderful thing. Pity only a handful of songs though.

5 Likes

Thanks Bob, also pre ordered.

Not sure why its not on Blue Note UK website?

1 Like

NEW YORK - ADDIS - LONDON: THE STORY OF ETHIO JAZZ 1965 - 1975 - Various Artists, STRUT 51

This is a reissue and was originally released in 2012.

1 Like

Steve Gunn & David Moore - Let The Moon Be A Planet, Rvng (2023)

Joel Holmes - Into the Abyss, Kryptox (2023)

Released on the excellent Kryptox label from Berlin that last year released the excellent Sci​-​Fi Jazz Directions by Zeitgeist Freedom Energy Exchange also on Krytox and well worth checking out are Noah Furbringer and Ralph Heidel.

Joel Holmes who has played with Roy Hargrove and was a part of Detroit Techno superstar Carl Craig’s synthesizer ensemble bring’s together amongst others Ziggy Zeitdeist and flautist Tenderlonious to fuse perfectly Jazz, Funk and electronic music.

1 Like

i listened a few minutes on Youtube. Seems interesting. Thanks, Will listen more later…

1 Like

Many thanks to @BlueCanary for this heads up over on the What Releases Are You… thread just ordered the double album it has a 12% discount on Amazon at the moment.

Dhafer Youssef - Street of Minarets, Back Beat Edition (2023)

4 Likes

Donald Byrd - Street Lady, BN/MOV (2023)

For me this record isn’t Donald’s strongest record with the Mizell brothers production but it’s worth buying just for Witch Hunt alone which is a monster track.

4 Likes

Here are some more photo’s of Craft’s latest box set the Sonny Rollins - Go West The Contemporary Records cut by BG and pressed at RTI I believe it looks lovely but a bit pricey as has been discussed very playable versions of these records are available for much, much less.

2 Likes

Yes, the Boplicity reissues of these three LPs are usually easily available for £10-20 each in mint condition and they sound really great.

2 Likes

And good record outlets everywhere

Lyman Woodard Organization - Saturday Night Special, Strata/Bbe. (2023)

Just pre ordered the first Strata reissue that has really resonated with me and after streaming it a couple of times it’s an absolute monster of an LP and this double LP reissue from the excellent Bbe also responsible for the J Jazz Masterclass Series looks a real winner.

2 Likes

Wolfgang Lackerschmid & Chet Baker - Welcome Back, Dot Time Records (2023)

Original released on CD only on West Wind Records back in 1992 this is the third Dot Time reissue by Wolfgang Lackerschmid & Chet Baker and was first reissued by them on CD and download at the end of last year but now this first time ever vinyl reissue of Welcome Back is due for release in April.

Unlike the duet LP Ballads for Two and The Quintet Sessions both previously released on vinyl Welcome Back features long time Chet collaborators Nicola Stilo and Rocky Knauer and is areal treat for Chet vinyl enthusiasts like me.

Stanley Turrentine - Mr Natural, BN/Tone Poet (2023)

Featuring Lee Morgan on trumpet this title is another excellent reissue from the BN archives and another I’m very much looking forward to.

3 Likes

Sultan Stevenson - Faithful One, Whirlwind Recordings (2023)

From London and a student of the Tomorrow’s Warriors programme a real Jazz superstar in the making pianist Sultan Stevenson’s debut record sounds like an international breakthrough hit to me let’s hope the vinyl release does the music justice.

3 Likes

From the excellent New Land label…

4 Likes

Thanks Kev.
I’ve been meaning to hunt up some Dorothy for awhile…

1 Like