Vinyl releases on pre order

Nice. I just pre ordered a copy. Thanks for heads up.

1 Like

s-l500

In May this Brit-jazz classic is being reissued on vinyl on 12th May by the Tracey estate’s Re:Steamed label. Mastered by Stan’s son Clark and Tristan Powell with lacquers cut by Caspar Sutton-Jones at Gearbox - all from the original analogue master.

5 Likes

Kev, is it just the Jazz suite or is it the one with the narration too?

Starless and Bible Black would easily make my top 5 favourite jazz pieces. Just gorgeous playing from Bobby Wellins.

1 Like

I too would love a copy but not with narration it does spoil the effect a little

I’ve been looking for a copy for a good while and they are very expensive I have seen a Steam copy with a blue and white cover that doesn’t have narration so hopefully it is that copy.

The blue/black and white cover Steam reissue is excellent unless you can find a mintish EMI/Columbia Lansdowne.

@Richard.Dane @Dreadatthecontrols – It is the original without the narration.

3 Likes

Thanks for the background. I saw the email/Bandcamp notification, but didn’t know anything about the artist.

1 Like

Freddie Hubbard - Blue Spirits, BN/Tone Poet (2023)

Mentioned up thread but now available for pre order recorded over 2 days in February 1965 and featuring Hank Mobley, Joe Henderson and McCoy Tyner this classic Blue Note is a perfect Tone Poet release.

4 Likes

Chet Baker - Chet, Riverside/Craft (2023)

A RSD only Mono reissue cut by KG and pressed at RTI.

2 Likes

Alison’s new (first) solo album. Out May. On purple vinyl. Oh yes!

6 Likes

Thanks Kev! Preordered, and went for this version from Alison’s store, as it also comes with the CD and signed print too…

3 Likes

Damn! I ordered the purple vinyl from Rough Trade and it has the signed postcards. Now I’ll have to get this CD/green vinyl/signed print version from the AG store! :sob:

Just cancel the purple vinyl issue? That’s one good thing about Rough Trade, as they do make it easy to cancel an order due to payment only being deducted on the release date. Tis a nice package from the official site. :+1:

Could do, but I kinda want both now… :rofl:

3 Likes

Kenny Wheeler - Gnu High, ECM (2023)

1st release in the new ECM ‘audiophile’ vinyl
Series don’t know a huge amount about ECM so my first listen to this excellent record was just yesterday.

4 Likes

Can you say a bit more about that Neil Young release, please. I have most of NY’s albums, but I’ve never seen or heard of that one.

Hi @Bobthebuilder what do you pay for it?

You got it bad :wink:

2 Likes

Amazon ÂŁ33 inc postage I think.

@graham55

Graham – it’s part of NY’S Original Bootleg series. It was recorded live at the Rainbow Theatre in Finsbury Park, London on 5 November 1973.

The band featured Neil Young (vocals, guitar), plus The Santa Monica Flyers – Nils Lofgren (lead and rhythm guitar, piano, accordion, vocals), Ben Keith (pedal steel guitar, vocals), Billy Talbot (bass, vocals) and Ralph Molina (drums, vocals).

The trackllist features most of the Tonight’s the Night album (which had only been recorded a few months earlier) along with a few classics such as ‘Helpless’, ‘Don’t Be Denied’ and ‘Cowgirl In The Sand’. This show is well known for its “completely spontaneous and high-revved performance” and this release comes with sleeve notes from recording engineer Pete Long’s who tries to “help listeners relive a place and time that won’t be repeated”.

The album is available as a 2CD or 2LP vinyl set - the 2LP version is only ÂŁ22! (at time of writing)

• Side 1
    1. Tonight’s The Night
    2. Mellow My Mind
    3. World On A String
    4. Speakin’ Out
    5. Albuquerque
Side 2
  1. New Mama
  2. Roll Another Number (For
    The Road)
  3. Tired Eyes
  4. Tonight’s The Night – Part II