Vinyl releases on pre order

That’s fascinating. Can you direct me to a website, please, where I can order a copy.?

Neil Young was at an ‘interesting’ (challenging?) phase of his career then, as I think that a member of Crazy Horse had died from a drugs OD.

It’s on Amazon Graham, though the price has crept up by a quid – so get in early!

If you haven’t got it already, check out Carnegie Hall 1970 that is also available on Amazon and sounds incredible, one of my favorite from his bootleg series albums.

1 Like

Thanks, copy ordered from Amazon US site.

Being already well into middle age when this originally came out I was always a little embarrassed about saying I liked it,( along with All Saints, Sugababes, and
Dido) but I did and still do. out on vinyl in June.

2 Likes

Thank you, Andy, I have that in my still-to-be-played (notional) vinyl pile. Neil Young does a good line in what might be called ‘official bootlegs’. He must tape a lot of his shows.

I saw him play London’s Finsbury Park (backed by Booker T & The MGs, improbably enough) many years ago with my then-ten-year-old son. It would be good if that were ever released - I’d get an extra copy for my son, to remind him of something probably long forgotten.

Just pulled the trigger on this:

3 Likes

Bob, different shops than Amazon exist also :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Why not from the UK site, if you want to use Amazon? It’s £22.99 there and a lot less hassle in relation to import complications and returning a faulty pressing.

Hello, Clive, I tend to buy albums in the country where they were recorded, in so far as I know - on the basis that there’s a better chance of the LP being pressed from the original master. So I flit between Amazon sites in the UK, Germany, and the USA. If I can’t find what I’m looking for, I’ll try the French or Japanese sites, although postage from Japan can be high, and sometimes HMRC come sniffing around any higher value packages.

I have no idea if this is, or is not, a correct assumption, but that’s what I do, and why. Call it a quirk, if you will.

According to ECM its not out yet…so not sure how you heard it yesterday.

Launching the series on 28 April are Kenny Wheeler’s Gnu High and Nana Vasconcelos’s Saudades

Sure you havent bought the 2016 issue?

Which seems to be still available, priced on ECM at 29.90 € with the 28 April Luminessence series is 39.90 €

REALLY!!! Where?

Here, over there and everywhere

Wouldnt buying direct from ECM be a better option in Germany?

It was a joke, more concerning Dread ….I hope you understand now.

2 Likes

I knew it was a joke my reply was too @frenchrooster so no problem it’s good to laugh.

1 Like

Aretha Franklin - Queen in Waiting - The Columbia Years 1960-65, Columbia/MOV (2023)

This 3 LP box set is a first vinyl pressing of the 2002 CD release. It’s limited to 2000 copies which at MOV can mean just this coloured vinyl edition. Black vinyl non limited editions do sometimes follow later as with the Timeless Anniversary series.

4 Likes

Well, that’s an interesting approach, although of course the Neil Young was actually recorded in London at the Rainbow. As far as reissues go, there are multiple factors in play and I think one has to weigh them all rather than one in particular. For original issues go, some different factors can come into play and it may be that country of origin does become a key one. Indeed, in the early days of the LP companies put out quite different versions in different countries - see the Beatles and the Rolling Stones for example.

Yes, Clive, but to take the Rainbow recording as an example, although it was recorded in London, I would be pretty sure that the mastering was carried out somewhere in the USA. So, I would order that LP from the USA.

Exactly my point - where the recording was made may be irrelevant and your decision about the source of the pressing may be made on other grounds. Even then, it’s possible that the pressings on Amazon US and UK are identical, whether manufactured in the US or Europe. Have you ever looked these issues on the Hoffman forum? - there madness lies!