Vinyl releases on pre order

Thanks for the news of this release on CD and Vinyl in June - I wonder when his “New” version of Dark Side Of The Moon will show itself?

Peter Somuah - Letter To The Universe, ACT (2023)

Peter Somuah is a Ghanaian trumpeter based in the Netherlands, Letter To The Universe is Peter’s first vinyl release following on from his debut Outer Space released on CD only by Dox Records (not Doxy) Peter’s music is on the nice Soulful, African side of Jazz and is well worth a listen.

1 Like

Inna De Yard - Family Afair, Wagram (2023)

A third Inna De Yard release and I’m especially looking forward to Johnny Osbourne singing Truth & Rights.

African Headcharge - A Trip To Bolgatanga, On U Sound, (2023)

Back on OUS for their first record in 12 years and if the first sampler track Microdosing is anything to go by it’s going to be good.

1 Like

Vintage Trouble - Heavy Hymnal, Cookin Vinyl Limited (2023)

Vintage Trouble is the kind of music that I usually stream nice in the background but I’ve listened to the sampler from this record and it’s really quite good there is also a duet with Lady Blackbird called The Love That Once Lingered that I haven’t heard but maybe worth keeping an eye out for.

1 Like

The Ironsides - Changing Light, Colemine Records (2023)

Really nice Cinematic Soul with an Orchestral touch the two tracks I’ve heard are just screaming out for a vocalist but still really nice.

2 Likes

Just read about this in the FT. Might dip my toes when its released on the 28th…

1 Like

Charles Mingus - Changes: The Complete 1970s Atlantic Studio Recordings, Rhino/Atlantic (2023)

Promo material says remastered but not by who but every Rhino reissue I’ve personally bought has been excellent. It’s a bit rich for me but for any big Mingus fans 8 LP’s for 199 dollars and around £200 isn’t extortionate I suppose.

4 Likes

Harold Land - Damisi, We Want Sounds (2023)

Featuring the excellent ‘Pakistan’.

2 Likes

The Leroy Vinegar Sextet - Leroy Walks, Craft. (2023)

Part of the Craft/Contemporary Acoustic Sounds series looks like another good un.

2 Likes

Dudu Tassa & Johnny Greenwood - Jarak Qaribak, World Circuit (2023)

Jarak Qaribak Arabic for your friend is your neighbour is the new project by Radiohead’s Johnny Greenwood and Dudu Tassa founder member of Dudu Tassa and The Kuwaitis released on the excellent World Music label World Circuit.

The album samplers on Youtube sound excellent.

1 Like

Sonny Stitt - Sonny Plays Blue, Groove Diggers (2023)

Not heard this Sonny record until now featuring Herbie Hancock and Ron Carter has a really nice version of Mac Arthur Park a record I know very well from the Four Tops. It is a little bit pricey though at plus £40 so I’ll wait to see if a used copy pops up one day.

1 Like

Blossom Dearie - Blossom Dearie, Verve by Request (2023)

I certainly won’t be buying this as Verve by Request have decided to charge £40 for this which is £15 more than Ahmad Jamal’s awakening.

3 Likes

First four titles of the new DG Classics AAA “Original Source Series”, all mastered from the original four-track tapes (the original releases were mastered from 2-track copy tapes).

4 Likes

I jumped on this pre-order as soon as I saw it. I do know at least that they are not Kevin Gray remasters (I was hoping).

June is going to be a very expensive month. I think all my discretionary budget for the month is going to new LP releases. Hopefully I won’t need any bike parts…oh, wait, …I have $200 worth of tires on preorder too, due in June.

1 Like

I’ve pre-ordered too. That’s blown 1/2 a year of my notional vinyl budget. Oh well.

Yussef Dayes - Black Classical Music.

1 Like

Peter Fox - Love Songs

Most important release of a German artist this year IMO, 15 years after his debut release. Something between HipHop, Dancehall and Reggae. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

IMG_2185
Only 230 euros :grin:

3 Likes

I can’t tell what this is. I need eagle eyes I suppose.

1 Like