Vinyl releases on pre order

I have had numerous copies of that Kleiber LP in over 20 years. As I said, I am not sure where I read that the record will be released in the Original Masters series, but I really will eat my hat (or some other item of clothing) if it is not released. I can’t think of a record which is more deserving of inclusion in that series.

I will certainly be in the queue for that Steinberg box, if I can be! I know his recording of Holst’s ‘Planets’ well, but not the other two. (Although I have seen the Matthias Grünewald ‘Isenheimer Altarpiece’ in Strasbourg, which is the inspiration for the Hindemith work.)

November.

3 Likes

I think it stands to reason that the Kleiber B5 would be a Original Source series release, but it hasn’t been announced so far. I suppose there’s also a chance it was not recorded to four-track tape, which would exclude it in that case. Not everything DG did in the 70s was recorded on four-track.

I will live in hope, as it’s about the most astonishing thing that I have ever heard on LP.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out.

My favourite copy on vinyl of Bruckners 5th is Chicago Symphony conducted by Sir George Solti.

Tim

Ella Fitzgerald - Let No Man Write My Epitaph, Verve /Acoustic Sounds (2023)

4 Likes

Junjo Presents The Evil Curse of the Vampires - Greensleeves/VP (2023)

• Authorised deluxe 2LP issue of the Henry ‘Junjo’ Lawes produced ‘Evil Curse of the Vampires’.
  • Original Greensleeves assembled dub classic, crucial selection of Junjo’s classic Roots Radics propelled rhythms recorded at Channel One and mixed by Scientist at King Tubby’s.
  • Remastered iconic dub album now twinned with a second disc of the original vocal versions.

1 Like

Two new Blue Note Classic series pre order both of which I own already the Wayne Sorter copy I have is from the Blue Note 75th Anniversary series so this Classic Series should be an improvement and typically True Blue which I bought a month or so ago from the 90’s Connoisseur series but I will still buy to compare.

71i8na0efcL.AC_SX679

7 Likes

It will be interesting to see how ‘True Blue’ compares with the Classic Records reissue - and the Music Matters.

1 Like

Goodness, I thought that we had jumped to Madonna there with ‘True Blue’!

I have both MMJ 33 and 45 of True Blue, so I am also curious how the BNC compares, but I’m not buying it to find out. The MMJ 45 came out before Kevin Gray upgraded his mastering studio and the MMJ 33 came out after that.

1 Like

I have the Music Matters 33 of True Blue, sounds very good as you might expect.

1 Like

George Coleman - Amsterdam After Dark, Tidal Waves/Timeless (2023)

Another excellent reissue from Wim Wigt’s excellent Dutch label Timeless featuring Sam Jones & Billy Higgings. Despite it’s title it was recorded on December, 29, 1978 in the Sound Ideas Studio, New York City.

2 Likes

Bill Evans - The Brilliant, Timeless/MOV (2023)

Another excellent Wim Wigt release first issued on vinyl in Japan on Alpha Jazz as Consecration II in 1989 and then reissued on vinyl for the first time after only being available on CD for 30 years as part Music on Vinyl’s Timeless’ 45th Anniversary series last year on Gold vinyl which didn’t appeal.

I was hoping like all of the Timeless/Music on Vinyl reissues that it would come out on black vinyl but this second reissue is on green vinyl so perhaps I might give it a try after some positive reviews.

4 Likes

I have that one on CD. I think it was a 3CD set.

‘Amsterdam After Dark’ is a really good album. One of Coleman’s best.

100% analogue reissue on Craft Latino, out 10th November:

3 Likes

More Latin loveliness from the Craft Latino people:

2 Likes

And out 17th November (also on Craft) - 3 LPs, restored from the original tapes in hi-res by Paul Blakemore, vinyl cut by Kevin Gray.

2 Likes

Had me do a double take, for a moment I thought it was that Ivor Biggun/Doc Cox nutter from back whenever that was…

images.jpeg

1 Like

And there’s more! If you fancy a Latin tinged Christmas, Craft Latino have this out at the end of the month: