Vinyl releases on pre order

I think we recieve the same mailing list, except I have to pay for my records :wink:

2 Likes

Don Cherry - Art Deco, Verve By Request (2023)

Reunited with his fellow Ornette Coleman band mates Don Cherry plays pocket trumpet on this late 80’s recording it’s the only Don Cherry record I’ve ever been able to listen to front to bacck without a break.

3 Likes

I love Don Cherry. I’ve been bugging Joe Harley for years to do Complete Communion as a Tone Poet. It’s one of the greatest of all the Blue Note avant-garde titles. The album is a masterpiece. I think it’s Don Cherry’s best and hope to see it.

3 Likes

Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds
Blood Records Zoetrope

3 Likes

Harold Land Quintet - The Peacemaker, Cadet/Verve By Request (2023)

As much as I enjoy this record and want to own it the producers are taking the p*** with the pricing.
The first Verve By Request release late last year was less than £25 this Harold Land record is £35 so how they can justify that level of price inquest in less than a year is beyond me.

I’ll source a cheaper or used copy though as the music itself is first rate.

2 Likes

There seem to have been reports of crummy vinyl quality in this series, unfortunately.

Oscar Peterson Trio with Milt Jackson - Very Tall, Verve/Acoustic Sounds (2023)

4 Likes

Venna - Equinox/Venology, Hillside (2023)

After rocking the UK music landscape with groundbreaking debut EP, ‘Venology’, featuring unforgettable tracks like, ‘Standard’ featuring longtime collaborator Knucks, as well as ‘Sun, Moon & Herbs’ with JVCK JAMES, Grammy Award winning saxophonist Venna returned in early 2023 with his next masterpiece - EQUINOX. Equinox expanded on Vennas’s incredible ability to captivate fans through his dreamy style, with contributions from Knucks, Masego, Mick Jenkins, Marco Bernardis and more, solidifying Venna as a true up and coming heavyweight. Both legendary projects, now available on vinyl

1 Like

Sarah McCoy - High Priestess, Gentle Thread Ltd (2023)

The female singer/songwriter genre is one that’s passed me by in recent years because it’s populated by artists who all vocally/musically and lyrically sound the same but Sarah McCoy whose first record Blood Siren is still in my to buy list and my Tidal streaming list from last year is a bit different and very, very talented.

1 Like

Samara Joy - A Joyful Holiday, Verve (2023)

I’m not one for Christmas records but this one along with Mary J Blige’s one from a few years ago are exceptions and though I probably won’t but the record it’ll definetley be getting streamed on Tidal this Christmas.

Samara is an exceptional talent in the mould of Jazz standard singers and though I’ve not bought any of her records she is an artist that we both enjoy and stream quite a lot.

1 Like

Gotts Street Park - On The Inside, Blue Flowers (2023)

Another record I’ll be streaming rather than buying by the very talented Leeds Trio.

I purchased Blood Siren, very different and very enjoyable.

Tim

1 Like

Where have those 20 years gone?.. Evanescence - Fallen Anniversary release.

4 Likes

Pressed at Third Man Records who have a very inconsistent quality control. I would expect better from a plant owned by Jack White who is supposed to be a champion of vinyl and analogue playback.
That said the James Brown and another Verve By Request title, I forget which one, had no problem with pressing.

Hassan Ibn Ali - Reaching For the Stars, Solos, Duos and Trios, Omnivore (2023)

Previously unreleased material from the legendary, mercurial Jazz pianist Haasan Ibn Ali whose only music released during his lifetime was The Legendary Haasan with The Max Roach Trio there was one other recording on Atlantic that was supposedly shelved because of his imprisonment and then lost in the fire at Atlantic’s warehouse a copy though was later unearthed and released again by Omnivore as Metaphysics in 2021.

After I discovered the Metaphysics record on a Spanish website I read that the pressing wasn’t the best and so listened to it a couple of times on Tidal and then forgot about it until I saw this new record again on Omnivore unfortunately the sample track on Tidal again doesn’t sound great.

Yep i ordered mine yesterday looking forward to seeing how it sounds

1 Like

Lee Konitz - Tenorlee, Candid (2023)

Remastered by Alex McCollough at True East Mastering. Vinyl cut by Jeff Powell at Take Out Vinyl.

Woody Shaw With Tone Jansa Quartet - Woody Shaw With Tone Jansa Quartet, Timeless Records
(2023)

Another Music on Vinyl reissue from the Timeless catalogue it’s one I’d not heard until today and have really enjoyed my first listen some really excellent playing and if it’s on par with the other Timeless reissues it should sound excellent too.

Chet Baker Trio - Chet’s Choice, Criss-Cross Jazz/Elemental (2023)

A RSD first reissue so due for general release some time after the November RSD. I already have the original but this expanded double album has the original 7 tracks plus 3 tracks from the same session previously unreleased on vinyl and 5 alternate takes so I’ll definitely be looking out for a copy.

2 Likes

Oscar Peterson Trio - Con Almo, Live in Lugano 1964, Mack Avenue (2023)

1 Like