Vinyl releases on pre order

Oscar Peterson - A Time for Love, Live in Helsinki 1987, Mack Avenue (2023)

1 Like

Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry - Battle of Armagideon, Music on Vinyl (2023)

2 Likes

Harold Land,
With a wave of his hand,
Said, “Goodbye to all that,”
He paid his bills, and stopped the milk, then put on his hat.

Back on topic, I have the Music Is Our Friend and McDonald And Giles vinyl bundle on preorder from Burning Shed:

king-crimson_mcdonald-and-giles_miof_mdag_vinyl-bundle-300x300

Grant Green - I want to Hold Your Hand, BN/Tone Poet (2023)

1 Like

McCoy Tyner - Extensions, BN/Tone Poet, (2023)

Featuring both Alice Coltrane and Wayne Shorter.

2 Likes

Got that on CD I think. …hmm… I’ll have to play it again before deciding whether to go for the MOV.

For people who play music to listen to their system. Pass. I play my system to listen to music.

2 Likes

Ancient Infinity Orchestra - River of Light, Gondwana Records (2023)

Never heard of this group until today I’m on Gondwana Records mailing list and received a prompt today so listened to the one track available to stream so far Equanimity and thought it was excellent so pre ordered this double album.

1 Like

After listening to Keith’s interview on radio4 had to give it a go. Ordered from LRS

4 Likes

Ambrose Akinmusire - Owl Song, Nonesuch (2023)

Featuring Bill Frisell and Herlin Riley.

Makiko Hirabayashi Trio - Meteora, Enja Records (2023)

A little bit strange so a few listens on Tidal is needed before I decide to buy the vinyl.

Doncaster Jazz Alumni - 50 years, Ubuntu Music (2023)

Expensive @ £44 but for a good cause it seems. The text below is from the LP’s promotional material.

The Doncaster Jazz Alumni (DJA) mark the golden anniversary of the Doncaster Youth Jazz Orchestra (DYJO), showcasing the remarkable journey and enduring legacy of its founder, John Ellis MBE, as well as their own individual and collective achievements. 50 Years was recorded with a special intention to try and help support students at the Doncaster Youth Jazz Association (DYJA). As proud Doncaster Jazz Alumni and former members of the association, their shared passion for jazz and the community is a motivating factor to give back to the next generation of talented musicians. While DJA operate independently from DYJA, their core values remain intertwined, and DJA remain steadfast in their commitment to support the Association’s current students. As a result, DJA aim to donate a substantial portion of the proceeds from the sales of this album to help inspire and assist these young musicians. DJA is most grateful for the public’s support of this project, which will have a direct and meaningful impact on empowering young musicians’ lives, allowing them to pursue their musical ambitions.

[Les Mamans Du Congo & Rrobin - Ya Mizole, (2023)

Taken from promo

‘Singing to emancipate African women. A unique encounter between Bantu lullabies from the Congo, electronic music and hip-hop. A hybrid project that gives pride of place to dance and highlights the daily life of Congolese women in a bold and above all contemporary way’.

1 Like

The Levellers 2023 remix of ‘ Levelling the land’ … primarily for the bundled live album.

2 Likes

Editors - The Back Room, [PIAS] R C (2023)

3 Likes

Don Leisure & Amanda Whiting - Beyond The Midnight Sun, First World Records (2023)

Available for Pre Order on Bandcamp for £15 plus postage.

Both hailing from Wales Harpist Amanda Whiting and DJ musician Don Leisure come together again to produce a first full length record, the first release from which Just Be (Free) featuring Deborah Jordan on vocals was good enough to tempt me into buying the album.

3 Likes

Mine came yesterday it’s still in the box as I’m on 16 hour days for 8 in a row so it will be Friday till I get a chance to look at it ,

2 Likes

SQ is really good, the zoetrope bit requires a bit of work with a camera or strobe. Instructions not included!

Thandi Ntuli - Rainbow Revisited, K7 (2023)

Recorded in California, 2019 by Carlos Niño Thandi both Plays and sings on this beautiful album.